Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

ISO Hash Not Drying Properly. Help?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ShiddiBaba, Mar 21, 2012.

1. So I made this iso hash batch following hashmouf's guide. Only difference was that I used 70% alcohol. The hash has already dried 24 hours. The problem is that the hash is sticky icky and gooey. His came out dry powdery and flaky. The weather is pretty humid here which could play a role but its also pretty warm. So, uh, I guess this wont affect the potency. Will it? Is there anything I can do to make it drier? The texture isn't very manageable. Method of smoking will be my Arizer Solo.

2. I don't think you can use 70% I could be wrong though.

3. 70% will still work. it just has more water so it will take longer to dry. give it another 24 hours

4. Exactly. 71% alcohol has 29% water.

91% alcohol has 9% water.

Any residual water left over from the alcohol evaporating will be liquidy and white until the water evaporates much slower than the iso.

Don't rush it, be patient. You opted out for the slow version.