ISO-3 The Quartermaster -- Alchemy Class

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by PsychedelicSam, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Of course, an honest mistake that you doubled down on when I corrected you the first time. I had read that many times and knew it wasn't right but like a good poster, I went to the link before I said anything.

I have smoked it and would do so again if the need arose but I don't care for concentrates that much and then for making other things, not smoking. I wasn't particularly attacking your post but instead was filling in the known factors in the subjects you brought up that I could document, for posterity's sake since you didn't seem to know the specifics.

I guess that you don't know the unwritten rule of forums, do you, Wiz? "If there ain't pictures, it didn't happen". I want you to show us that you can do such really wonderful things with the QM like you said. Show us. I've put myself out there many times. I'd like to learn without having to read a book. Show us. You can do it, can't you? vil-clic2.gif

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. #1482 WizSteve, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
    I got nothing to prove to you, your funny lol ,you never answered did you ever read the book?, I made a simple statement .you can make it the way you want lol no one is going to stop you.

As far as pics and vids only a narc would stress this or a fool. Sorry i don't take pics of doing something that could land me behind bars. Try reading the book lol .

I bought up no subjects lol i just letting people know they are skipping the first step and what the first step was plain and simple. and i stand by that i hope other who Smoke will try it and was asking why it was being skipped you could had just posted because no one here in this thread smokes it.... but i find that hard to believe.

This has gone to far i like said i will not argue with you or fall for your trolling or to be attacked when i am trying to help the grasscity community.. That being said i know you will post something saying ohh thats wrong go ahead but been doing this most likely long before you was even born :) i know what i am talking about .

and none of this should bother you since you don't even smoke it and for those that do.....

Step two on purifying before reducing or refluxing the alcohol is than filtered with charcoal this removes even more of the waxes this process can be done in the basket by filling it with charcoal or in a strainer. this is repeated til the solvent is amber like the pic above .

3. Geez seriously. Do you Wiz even read yourself before you post? He's more than answered you enough times. Did YOU even bother to read this thread from page one? Because maybe had you almost everything you keep banging on about would be answered. You sound more like a troll teenager than anything.

No offense Sam but I'll be back after this handled.

Sent from my pet rock.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I did read the book but it was a very early edition in the early 80's. You couldn't find it just anywhere in those days. It was a friend's book and I haven't read it since then but I have brushed up on portions of it over the last few years. It didn't really do much for me then and the same stuff is found easily on the web these days.

Your first step isn't the first step in our QM manual, or at least not mine, and this thread has just concentrated on the manual descriptions. I've given you the opportunity now to wow us with your prowess but you seem reluctant or unable to do so. This is a thread dedicated to the ISO-3 and any ways to use it would be useful to someone but so far you haven't connected your subject matter to the operation of the gadget. Do that and all is well in the neighborhood. :confused_2:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. No offense taken, Heavn. I'm best suited to handle it since it's my thread. It will be over soon since it's just going in circles. I haven't had a good sparring match in a while but this is getting tedious. I was hoping to get some new info for the thread but there doesn't seem to be any interest other than wordplay. The debate has been fun but useless.

If anyone else with a QM wants to instruct us in other ways to use it then so be it. The opportunity exists. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Okay. It will be in the index of the large thread. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Thanks
    Nice find
    Did not see anything about boiling the herb

• Like Like x 1
  8. That was quick

9. Sam
    Are you still using the speak to type app?
    My my fingers are getting to old for hunt and peck

10. P'Sam, I am ready to up my game with extractions and have been researching the different methods though before I invest in anything I wanted to get your thoughts on some different processes in the aim to capture/retain as much as the plants profile as possible. In my mode of thinking, I would do something like this:

1.) Low heat steam distillation to make hydrosol then separated through a condenser to remove the water
    2.) Run vodka through the QM to increase the proof
    3.) Make the GD tincture using the freezer method.....maybe run through activated charcoal to clean it up a bit
    4.) Reclaim the alcohol through the QM
    5.) Combine the hydrosol and GD then run it through an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner to further evaporate the alcohol and water
    6.) Store in glass syringes in the freezer until use...... as is, medibles, topicals, smoking

Thoughts?

11. This was the only reference in there about using boiling water like Wiz was referring to and not using it for a bath like we're all familiar with. This was discovered by someone who bought the ISO-2 long ago and shared with the author. :)
    Cannabis Alchemy - The Art of Modern Hashmaking

12. No, I haven't had access to that since my computer updated to Windows 10. That's one of the reasons I haven't been as active as I would like. The neck and arm/hand issues are becoming an issue. Bad arthritis and bone spurs in both thumbs can be a bit challenging. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Hi, Mom. You've really put some thought into that and getting into some new ground for me with the hydrosol. I spent a lot of research time trying to figure out how to do a cannabis hydrosol for topicals but I never actually proceeded further once I discovered that it captured the essence and not any cannabinoids. I think it could be interesting to add those back to the oil.

1) I assume that you're using this to capture the terpenes in the hydrosol. If nothing else I bet that would be an intriguing spritz of eau do cologne. I'm not familiar with the separation aspect of it but I didn't get that deep into the subject. Since you brought it up, I expect you know the details of that. I think it's a solid idea.
    2) This should be easier than when I did it because of the larger condenser. It's still going to take some time.
    3) The charcoal should work better with the freezer GD than it did when I tried it with ISO tincture but that was from a depleted batch. It was a pain getting the charcoal dust out.
    4) Definitely
    5) This will be similar to the last stages of a 151 batch. The ultrasonic cleaner would be a safe way to do it and ensure that your oil doesn't scorch and ensure that you get a homogenized result between the hydrosol and oil.
    6) You got it.

Since you're not using the soxhlet function of the QM, you'll need to decarb at some point. I would expect that to be after you capture your essence although it's possible that the distillation process will do that if it's long enough. I don't want to say for sure or how much because I have no test results to verify it. That would be a good project if I had some resources. You can always decarb in oil after the fact if needed.

You've added a couple of wrinkles that could have some nice results. That's good work. you (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

• Like Like x 2
  14. I have been following a few people in a few different forums like you, that have done the homework and actual testing to verify results saving people like me a lot of work.....atm some are pressure cooking their material in olive oil to try to salvage the more volatile terpines that got me thinking there has to be a better way so looked into it more

If I do this, this will be the method i'll use

Exactly what i'll be after otherwise the work in making the hydrosol would be moot

This is where trial and error will be that I am not wholly sure of.....how much is decarbed in the steam extraction, how long to go for a natural decarb, instead of using the same material for each step to use different material ie trim for hydrosol, decarbed flower for GD etc.

Also, if I am not using the soxhlet function is there a different (less expensive) machine that will raise the proof and reclaim the alcohol? I really don't like the idea of blowing up my kitchen lol

• Like Like x 1
  15. For those of us on a strict budget, that is always the case ;)

Thank you though you need the pat on the back or I probably would still be in the dark ages of not realizing the full potential if it weren't for dedicated people to do the comparisons and displaying methodology with results on top of being encouraging :inlove:

• Like Like x 1
  16. That hydrosol looks a bit complex for me these days but it would have been a interesting project. There shouldn't really be any issue with the blending and evaporation of the remaining liquids and using the sonic cleaner. I guess there's no way to know about the decarb until you do it the first time. It wouldn't be hard after that to figure out which way you need to go.

Bkarnaze is fond of gadgets and he uses them all the time. He recommends this tabletop distiller with temperature control. It will do all the alcohol related things that the QM does like the recovery and increasing the proof of alcohol. Of course, it won't extract. Here's a short thread he has about it. I know a couple of other folks who've used one. :)
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/CO-Z-4L-...le-Home-Oil-Alcohol-Brewing-Machine/134443888

Green Oil Machine clone

• Like Like x 3
  17. Thanks P'Sam! I'll let you know the results though it isn't going to be for awhile as I gather all the parts

• Like Like x 2

18. Sam do you recommend QM