ISO-3 The Quartermaster -- Alchemy Class

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by PsychedelicSam, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Hence good for toothaches

• Like Like x 1
  2. Well I can't say how it went last night because I fell asleep . However I woke with a sever migraine in my right eye. So I took another 10 to see what's up. Numb mouth more the tongue again. Within 30 min the pain has lessened. So that is great. We'll see how it goes.

Sent via my pet rock.

• Like Like x 3
  3. I will agree that the experience from a tincture is different than that of other delivery methods. I find it to be a much more mellow high (and long lasting) I hardly smoke at all anymore as it does very little for me. I might catch a 20 minute buzz if I'm lucky but it wears off fast. This is the case regardless of strain, even smoking kief.

I can take quite a bit of GD and never lose my shit but when I take a cookie that is a whole different story. Not sure why that is but the few times I have greened out has all been a result of eating a cookie or brownie.
    Must be the way the THC is absorbed?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Pretty much what I tried to say above
    I'm right there with ya
    Cookies don't seem to bother me unless Sam made them. then more than one is too much LOL
    Ummm Cookies

• Like Like x 1
  5. Your edible is going to give you a bigger shot of 11-hydroxy since the THC in the oil/butter used for the edible won't metabolize before it hits the liver so you get it all at once. An alcohol tincture is going to absorb along the way which stretches out the metabolism. It's kind of like slowly sipping a margarita and slamming back shots of tequila. The edibles are like the shot and the tincture is the sip. :ey:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. Great analogy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I think someone still has a headache

8. I hope it's gotten better. :unsure:

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Yeah me too

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Sam?
    I will send PM rather personal

• Like Like x 1
  11. I broke out my ISO3 made Tincture from frig and added some Gorilla Glue #4 terps 5 drops to 2.5 ounces
    Very Nice, really improved the taste and feel of the tinct.
    I was very impress how this ISO tincture came out, strong and pleasant tasting
    I did not use it much and it was sitting for a few months
    Not bad at all, may try my hand at the ISO again to see how it does with new collection chamber.

• Like Like x 3
  12. I just completed a batch of Brassnwood's hash caps. I ran 2.5 oz of AK-47 through my dry sift tumbler and got 12 grams keif. I took 6g of the keif and mixed it with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and 1/2 teaspoon of granular lecithin. This made a total of 68 size 00 caps. I have tried a few of these and while they are pretty good, they aren't as hard hitting as I thought they might be. Maybe I need to take more than one at a time?

With the material that was left after tumbling, I put back into the freezer overnight and soaked it wtih cold alcohol as in Sam's freezer method. After filtering I put this mix into the quartermaster where I recovered 500ml of alcohol. What was left was about 60ml of tincutre. This last bit I put into a small beaker and put it on a candle warmer reducing it down to about 5ml of RSO. I added maybe a teaspoon of coconut oil and maybe 1/4 teaspoon of liquid lecithin.
    This mix made up 14 size 00 caps.
    I took one of those last night and man did that send me on a ride. I took it around 7:00pm and I felt like I was tripping all night. I had a very hard time getting out of bed this morning and I feel like I have had a bad hangover all day. I'm really dragging my ass.

I think those caps are just too strong - so now what do I do with them?

• Like Like x 4
  13. #1413 STIGGY, Mar 2, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    Can we see your tumbler?
    And can you open them caps up and add more coconut oil
    Maybe melts them down in coconut oil and re cap

• Like Like x 1
  14. I ask about the tumbler because I am interested how it works
    Does it use dry ice

• Like Like x 1
  15. I don't use dry ice with my tumbler because I can't find it in my area. I put the entire unit inside my chest freezer the night before and run it while it is in the freezer. I will have to take a couple of pics

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Interesting Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  17. So like a rock tumbler running inside a freezer chest ?

• Like Like x 1
  18. pretty much like that... it's a cylinder about 10" across that rotates within a wooden box. Has a shallow drawer on the bottom you pull out to get the keif. someone could easily make one of these - I was in the process of gathering materials to make one when I came across this one.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Do you have a link to the site

20. I couldn't add more oil to the caps as I filled them right up. I suppose I could open up the caps and pour out the oil but I would think that would make for a lot of waste. If I put the caps, gelatin and all, in a solution of everclear would the caps dissolve?