ISO-3 The Quartermaster -- Alchemy Class

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by PsychedelicSam, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Ha
    I thought that also, but then a thought I wonder if they made the bowl bigger just because it will be easier to fill it with water, It was hard to get water into the old one the way it was step up. (unless you used the wash jar included with the kit).

2. Did you try to recover the 190EC from the wet weed yet?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Not yet Stiggy.... I will finish the reduction phase later today, and probably do the recovery tonight
    I found that by using Sam's original freezer method of extraction uses more alcohol than one might by using the iso3 for the same extraction. I used 2 oz of hemp which is the amount I typically used with refer for a batch but found the total volume of alcohol needed was much more, resulting in a longer recovery time. I poured the freezer saturated alcohol into the reduction vessel and inserted the smaller vessel (with all the holes) but found the level of alcohol to be almost an inch above the bottom of the top vessel, so I had to do the recovery in stages.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. We do use less in the ISO 3 Sam discussed this somewhere LOL
    I noticed the same thing when I last used mine. Cool

• Like Like x 1
  5. One of the reasons for wanting the QM was because it used so much less alcohol. Unfortunately, that also has it's disadvantages for pristine tinctures. I had hoped to be able to use it to recover the alcohol from the freezer process as well but not extract. That turned out to be difficult for me. The problem is that it still only holds 8oz of fluid at a time. I did the same as you the last time and did it in steps, topping off, and that takes a while.

One of the major upgrades I'm kind of interested in checking out is that any sized jar/container can be used to capture the alcohol. I had tried that with a half pint mason jar before and it didn't work well. It's also not supposed to matter now if the condenser is level or not and that did matter previously with mine. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. my hemp tincture is now reduced to about 100ml - it's quite green and very fluid like. It has not gotten thicker yet and perhaps it won't?
    I will extract from the spent hemp tonight and report in the morning.

I did pick up a few more stalks of fresh hemp just in case this turns out to be something I like. I feel I need to take advantage of the opportunity to have a large supply of hemp growing at a farm that is only a few miles away. It's the first time this farmer has grown hemp and although he has big plans for the future I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see the man stick his nose where it doesn't belong and fuck things up

• Like Like x 4
  7. can we just keep using the same elverclear over and over? Is it going to work less efficiently over time?

• Like Like x 2
  8. I've done it but you're eventually going to run out since you don't reclaim everything that goes in and you'll need to top off with fresh. I've never noticed anything happening to the alcohol and it's always seemed to extract as well. :)

• Like Like x 3
  9. I ran a batch last night to reclaim what alcohol I could from 2 oz of spent flower - this is my first time trying the recovery with the new head. Let it run overnight and this morning the collection jar was full almost to the top.
    Weed still felt damp so I emptied the jar and turned it back on.
    A success for sure with the new head

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Well, that certainly is good to hear. A vast improvement. :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. perhaps... but I had pretty good luck with the old head.
    I do like the new design better if only for the amount of water it holds and how easy it is to fill.
    Plus they sent me the new head for free - to me that is a sign of a company that cares about it customers

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Great News
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. the batch of tincture that I made yesterday is so dark that if I hold the beaker up to the light, I cannot see through the tincture.

• Like Like x 4
  14. With the ISO?
    I made some a while back
    I never reduced it and it worked great as is.
    Nice Mellow roll on one dropper full

• Like Like x 2
  15. I did use the iso3.
    I have no doubt that this would be potent as it is but my plan is to make RSO
    I like to reduce my tinctures down to where I only need to take about 10 drops

• Like Like x 1
  16. This is going to be much different than a high-THC RSO, though, or even tincture and the dosing is much different. There shouldn't be any psychoactivity. :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sam: this is not the tincture I made from hemp - I reduced that down and infused it with an equal amount of mct oil. I have just started taking that a couple times a day. I have not noticed any psychoatcivity with that and too soon to tell about any health effects.

This batch was to use up the last bits of weed I have laying about before I harvest this years crop. I think it was an oz of sour diesel from three years ago and an oz of strawberry ice from last year.
    I have been giving the iso3 a workout the last week!

• Like Like x 1
  18. I've got it now. ;)

19. Sam: I have been taking my hemp infused MCT oil daily. I have no idea if it is doing my body any good or if the oil itself has the cbd I am looking for. Do you know of a place I can send a sample for testing? I'm not sure if it's even legal for me to have hemp, hemp oil or to send it through the mail. I have more hemp to make a couple more batches but see no reason to do so if I am just spinning my wheels.
    I did keep a bit out that I added to my last batch of topicals, but again, if you didn't tell me that there was hemp oil in the topical, I don't think I would know.

20. I'll check, pushu. :)

• Like Like x 1