ISO-3 The Quartermaster -- Alchemy Class

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by PsychedelicSam, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Sam and all testers
    I received an Email from Mary Ann today

Dear Iso 3 Owner,

We have heard from several of you that you have been having problems with reclamation. After spending considerable time figuring it out, we've determined that different manufacturers of the same item have very slight differences in the manufacturing process that can apparently cause this problem.

We have solved the problem by removing this part with an upgrade to the condensing unit for future models. Fortunately, this was a problem on only a few units. If you are having any problems please let me know.

Thanks again to our terrific beta testers for helping us spot this! And our sincere apologies for any frustration or inconvenience this may have caused you.

Mary Ann

My unit does not reclaim much at all so I wonder what improvements they have made
    Might be something with condenser unit Not sure.
    Just letting us all know

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. I got the same email... just what part are they talking about?

• Like Like x 4
  3. STIGGY, I got the same email, but am able to reclaim without problems. Thanks for posting.

• Like Like x 3
  4. That is the whole email
    I am not sure if it is a part in the condenser itself or the collection bin with the holes in bottom
    I have not been able to get any real recovery as of yet
    I did once where I had to place the heat light bulb right against the SS catch bin (under the collection bin with holes)
    But it was not much at all.

• Like Like x 3
  5. I stopped using mine all together for a while now
    I ordered this so I would be able to recover my EC190

• Like Like x 3
  6. I got the same one, too. That was one of the reasons I had wanted it and didn't have a lot of success with it. I've told Mary Ann. I guess we'll see what's what. :confused_2:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I really hope we got the ones with the problem
    would love to get it working correctly, and recover at least half of the EC190 used
    That would be acceptable

• Like Like x 3
  8. I'd like to figure a way to hook a vacuum line to it for the reclaim and to make other concentrates with, similar to The Source but keeping the soxhlet tower for FECO. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I like the vacuum idea, or maybe a new lid to replace the condenser tower which has a cooling condenser coil that leads off to a collection chamber (glass jar) like a real moonshine still has.
    Like Brassman uses
    Just the lightbulb will supply the heat

10. I wonder if the vent hole could be incorporated into the Vac Tube somehow .
    Hooking Vac/line up is not the problem the collection area becomes the problem
    Do the vapor run through vacuum pump and than cool or cool and be collected before hitting the pump body
    I would be worried about anything running through the pump out of fear of contamination .

11. Just replace the whole condenser head with a flat plate that has lock down clips on the sides to lock down where the condenser sat before, Then place a cooling tube from the top of plate and vac out the vapors
    From there I dont know
    Sounds do able

12. I'd use a glass plate with a silicon gasket to be able to see into it. You would have to have an oil-less vacuum pump otherwise your alcohol would get contaminated. It goes a lot quicker with the vacuum, though, and you can make shatter. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. upload_2017-9-25_15-17-51.png
    Maybe something along this line but replace the hand pump with a small mechanical one

14. upload_2017-9-25_15-21-15.png
    I like this glass chamber one

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hand pumps just don't cut it for that use. You'd look like Popeye after a while from squeezing it. I've used the vacuum funnel to filter GD and thought my arm was going to fall off just from that small amount of squeezing.

I got my new condenser and was a little surprised when I pulled it out of the box. With that big bowl I'm not sure what the difference is in the concept. I didn't get any updates to the manual about it. :confused_2:

16. You got it?
    Mine is on its way
    So as you look at it does it appear new in anyway
    You say Larger is it bigger than original
    I wonder if it so you can place more cooling water in the top bowl if so

17. Mine should be here tomorrow
    Maybe we can ask how to use it, most likely it is the same instructions if they did not include new ones
    one would think

18. condenser1.jpg
    condenser2.jpg
    condenser3.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. Could always make a salad when not in use LOL
    Maybe Maryann can explain it

• Like Like x 1