Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Isn't it illegal to sell "bongs"?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by pandorlax33, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Well, the topic kindof speaks for itself.

Isn't it illegal to sell waterpipes labeled as "bongs" in the us?

I thought Tommy Chong got busted for it a while ago, and this website labels them as bongs....

Also, I'm currently living in a college dorm, I wanted to order a bong and some vaporizer accessories to my dorm, but I'm nervous that they'll see its a smoking device and penalize me or something like that. What are your guyses suggestions?

2. That's why at the headshop they call them waterpipes instead of bongs.

Just keep the bong and vaporizer neatly hidden away, don't give anyone a reason to suspect that you may be smoking, especially if it will jeopardize your academic career.

3. ^^^ also cuz tabbaco is legal and its for tabbaco, its only drug paraphenala when it has traces of THC in it.

4. well then why does this website, and other websites call them bongs, instead of waterpipes?

5. i wouldn't worry too much, i've ordered grinders and shit to my dorm address before. they don't screen mail at my university, i doubt they do at yours (its probably illegal anyways), and most smoke shops are pretty discrete in packaging and stuff. ex, i ordered my grinder from a website called half-baked goods, they ship out their stuff as hb goods and thats what shows up on the credit card statement.

if you're worried about your stuff getting spotted by RAs or whatever, i wouldn't worry too much either. the RAs in your building won't bust you (unless you get really gay RAs), because they end up your friends by the end of the year anyways. just don't flaunt it, be respectful and whatnot, and hide that shit away in your closet. your dorm is like an apartment, not like a summer camp room.

6. Lots of online headshops are not based in the US. Grasscity is based in Holland. So, US laws do not apply to them. Therefore, they can call them whatever is legal in their country. I assume since Holland is progressive enough with their MJ laws, they wouldn't make the word "bong" illegal like we do.

7. yea iuno, where i live they sell bongs at the convenience stores.

8. most online headshops use discreet packaging

9. amsterdam is in holland

10. this site is run in Amsterdam, where "bongs" are legal

11. I went into a headshop before and said "bong", no biggie.

12. They just categorize it as for non drug use basically... Makes me wonder, as so many names for all the different water pipes and shit though...

13. Unless the person working there is an uptight jerk, or has gotten into legal problems before, you can usually get away with calling them "bongs." Hell, most of the time I talk about weed with the guy working at headshops when I'm piece shopping. They're smart enough to realize that 70% of the people buying pieces are using them for weed, so it's no use trying to cut out such a large portion of their income

14. Me and my buddies went and bought a bong recently, and as we were checking out he noticed a cop parked in the parking lot next to the head shop. He warned us "you might want to be careful leaving."

He was a pretty cool dude, he knew what we were buying that "water pipe" for. Luckily we are all smart enough to leave our stuff at home rather than walking into a smoke shop with it, but still it was a cool gesture to see from a cool old guy workin at a smoke shop.

15. Yeah, North Holland, which is in the Netherlands.

Which is what I said.

16. not a problem around here in mass.