Isn't it F(_)CKED UP how in order to survive in our world, you need money?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by TooLegit2Quit, May 30, 2011.

1. #1 TooLegit2Quit, May 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2011
    My friend and I had a LONG conversation about this and we talked about things like how if we were to not be given a chance to be educated.. such as MANY PARTS of this world, we would use our natural survival skills. But this world makes it impossible to use these natural survival skills. For example, almost every single fruit and vegetable plants are controlled and 'owned' so if you were to pick them for food, you would be thrown in jail or something stupid will happen to you. And if you were to hunt for food, you really can't because people would think you are insane and plus most animals that are meant for food are also controlled. These people aren't given a chance to have these type of controlled foods because for one reason.. YOU NEED MONEY.
    I mean what the fuck, our world is so corrupt because of money. It's a piece of fucking paper that people kill eachother and backstab eachother for.. It's bullshit.
    Money = Corruption.

2. What's up with the U?

And you could always like move to South America or Africa for a society like that.

3. You must not know anything about Africa..
    Oh and I'm trying to emphasize the U haha

4. I agree with you man.

Its a dam shame the dollar rules EVERYTHING in this world.

If you think the system is fair then....YOU'RE FUCKED!!

5. Cash
    Rules
    Everything
    Around
    Me

Its just how the world works man, it is the root of all evil. It corrupts the hearts of men everyday and it will continue to corrupt.

Do I wish we had a barter system? Sure why not, but our culture is so ingrained that we have to have "stuff" from an early age what with Birthdays, Christmas, commercials and your favorite celebrity/musician/whatever that it will never change.

Maybe if the dollar collapses we could see something like that come about after a revolution, who knows though only time will tell.

6. #6 Fëanor, May 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2011
    No, it's not fucked up. Money is part of what makes humans so much more successful than other animals.

Do you know how to build a microprocessor? Do you know how to butcher a cow? Do you know how to build a car? Of course you don't know how to do all of these things, because money is why people do things for one another. It is amazingly more efficient, and it allows people to specialize in certain fields rather than having to be a jack of all trades. Also without money how would you expect to receive utilities such as running water, natural gas, and electricity? You think the power company wants to trade you electricity for your teeth instead of trading for money?

Do you think one beaver ever builds a dam for another beaver? Of course not; if a beaver is too weak/stupid/sick to build his own dam he will die. Versus even the most retarded, sick, frail human can buy a house.

7. Everything cant be free.

:p Gotta make that paper.

8. I don't know bartering seems like too much of a process.... And picking fruit all day? The only fruit I want to go around picking is on my own purchased property. Yeah, I'd much rather have money so I can just do whatever the fuck I want. Now...to get money...

9. That was a great point am I totally agree, but I still believe that money is the source of all evil. We could still do all of that, but money causes humans to become selfish. When you could build a dam for yourself, why not help build a dam for another?

10. For the LOVE of money is the root of all evil. Love comes from your heart. So, it is the heart of man that is the root of all evil. :eek:

11. No, you didn't get my point.. You pick fruit for your own source of food. Unless you really could eat all those fruits you pick in a day. Property and all that should be built not to make money but to help yourself and others out. Monry should be replaced by karma.

12. i lol'd

this is why people join religions, you know I hear heaven is like that :D

13. This is why, my goal in life is to become self sustainable.
    I want to design a house to be off the grid (except MAYBE for water). It'll be able to generate its own electricity, dispose of its own waste, and hopefully gather its own water (although that can sometimes be difficult depending on where you live). I want to grow my own fruits an vegetables, to reduce my reliance on food produced and transported by corporations.
    I also want to own my own company, so i don't have to deal with working for someone else, but i guess that's a different story...

I just hope i don't do all this work to have the monetary system crash on me, because trust me it will inevitably crash. Its a flawed design built to eventually destroy itself... Perhaps the end of the monetary system will be the beginning of the new world order.

14. It might seem like that, but I bet you all the money I have that humans were selfish before the concept of money existed.

To a certain extent I think the world is "corrupt," but only to the extent that the hardest working/smartest people are not the ones making the most money.

Jobs like investment banking, where you pretty much just magically accumulate money (I don't want any accountants on my ass about this, but these guys are making money by doing nothing to benefit others) don't really make sense to me.

But I don't think that anyone needs money to survive. Certainly you need money to live comfortably, because most stuff is produced far from where you are and/or by people more skilled than you. What I'm saying is that, if you actually wanted to live without any money, it would be possible, but your life would look similar to the lives of humans who existed before money: perpetually near the brink of starvation and dirty as fuck.

15. This thread's made me remember the track I'm on, so thanks for that.:smoke:
    Bills are all I need to spend money on. I spend most of my time learning about things using the internet, sat in nature thinking philosophically, or hanging around with friends playing music. I have the ability to eat nothing but rice and vegetables, and the veg I can grow personally. Weed is also something I shall be growing personally.
    What do people spend their money on these days? Am I just a weirdo with insanely simple pleasures?

16. Yes, OP, it is fucked up. I wish we could live in a world where people cared about each other and helped each other survive without money, but we don't.

17. #17 TooLegit2Quit, May 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I also have to spend money on bills but I have other needs (others may call it a want). I personally spend money on gas for my motorcycle, and the only thing I end up buying over and over are surfboards, bodyboards, and the gear for it, as for food I buy groceries and at the same time grow a few plants an spices and then cook my own food. Those are basically the only things I need money for, until I learn to shape my own boards :]

18. I dont agree with that man. Humans are inherently selfish, which probably derived from our survival instincts. The ego also makes us seek validation, which for many people is money. From very early on we are conditioned to believe that those with money (or fame which often go hand-in-hand) are superior, thus our ego subconsciously tells us to be selfish to try and better ourselves.
    If we got rid of money and replaced it with apples, you'd still see people ripping other people off for more apples...

19. Yes its pretty fucked up, money runs the world. But several people dont realize you can have your basic necessities for survival without money. Everything you need to survive is out there. Money can get you pretty much everything you want, but everything doesnt require money to attain.

Eventually I want to be living off the grid, growing my own food, powering my own house, basically put in a few extra hours of work in order to minimize my cost of living. Who needs to go out and buy shit that you can grow/make yourself.. Or Ill just make millions of dollars and not have to worry about it :rolleyes:

I remember seeing a statistic saying something like 1% of the united states population controls 90% of the wealth, something among the lines of those numbers. Not sure if thats myth or fact though.

20. I think your numbers are a little off, mike, but that shits true (i thought it was like 3% own 90% of wealth)... and the stat can be taken and applied to the whole world and its not much better. It's an incredibly sad fact.
    Im on the same page as you for being off the grid. I think all houses should be designed that way.
    So many simple things you can do to reduce energy consumption, reducing the money you spend on purchasing that energy.
    For example having the bathrooms in your house above each other, so water doesn't have to be pumped as far. OR not using fucking drinking water in toilets... like who the fucks bright idea was that?