islandnuggets Indoor AK48 Grow Journal - 2016

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by islandnuggets, Apr 15, 2016.

1. #1 islandnuggets, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    Thanks to all the Grasscity grow community. [​IMG]I am going to start my first grow (4-6 plants) with a journal with my wife. I have already made a few decisions on what my setup will be like, and based on that I would really appreciate any expertise and advice that can help me have a successful grow.

I still have about 3-4 weeks to start from seed since I am waiting for the equipment needed for my indoor growroom. Therefore, I want to take advantage of the time I still have to make sure everything is setup the best I can (terms of knowledge and budget).

So here is the breakdown of my setup:

Empty bedroom/air: 9f length 10ft width x 10ft height (with one side with opening doors with air flow - plan to seal up leaving a bit of cool air flow from bottom with screen to prevent dust from entering) + (x2) fans) also bought a dehumidifier since humidity too high here.
    AK48 from seeds (4-6) and possibly some freebies (have not yet arrived from NirvanaSeed Shop)
    Medium: 650g coco coir brick (x2) hydrated and mixed with (x1) 8quarts perlite
    pots:solocups for seedlings until transplanted to 1gallon plastic poly bags, then 3 gallon plastic poly bags
    lights: (1x) 400w MH iPower cooled hood set, (x1) 600w HPS iPower cooled hood set
    exhaust: (x2) 240cfm fans for lamps with 6ft duct (still havent bought carbon filter, but will) and exhaust ducts will be airtighly fitted to another bedroom window on the other side of the room.
    nutes plan on using: General Hydroponics Flora Series QT - FloraGro, FloraBloom, and FloraMicro, 32 oz each and General Hydroponics CaliMagic for Gardening, 1-Quart, Maxicrop Liquid Seaweed Qt, Xtreme Gardening Mykos Pure Mycorrhizal Inoculant, 100 g, 2 Count
    Misc items: Oakton EcoTestr pH 2 Waterproof pH Tester, 0.0 to 14.0 pH Range, AcuRite 00613A1 Indoor Humidity Monitor, General Hydroponics GH1514 Ph Control Kit, 4x25ft reflective mylar roll
    training: don't plan on training techniques since its my first grow, unless any of you recommend otherwise and are willing to guide me, ill be happy to give it a try.

Still don't know which schedule ill be using for the nutes still more research to be done, if anyone can help please do so.. I think I might follow this recommended schedule:

[​IMG]

Environment:

We currently live in the caribbean. Temperate and humidity (since I have researched) must be controlled to make the best out of this grow.

Climate here is like this:

Temperature: coldest month (Feb.) averages 76°F; hottest month (Jun.) averages 82°F. (as far as im concerned i should be making sure my plants be between those ranges - possible a little cooler with 2 fans)

Humidity levels:
    lowest RH (Mar.) 79.3%
    highest RH (Oct.) 85.7%
    *I have heard that optimal humidity should vary throughout the different growth stages of the plants. Since I have 1 dehumidifier (keep humidity lower than usual, considering the RH in this climate), I wanted to know if there is a safe range to keep all my plants in since I plan on having both flowering plants and seedlings and vegetative stage plants all in the same bedroom. If not any ideas to having two different humidity environments in the same bedroom (considering I'm on a low-intermediate budget).

I think I have covered mostly everything I need to make this work out for us and enough description so that you guys have an idea of what we have planned out. If I am missing anything, or anything that just doesn't sound right, please let us know.

Thank you all!! <3 Hope you all enjoy this as much as we will [​IMG]

PS: plan on updating weekly with photos [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1