Islam is the worst religion out there

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by scary bubble jr, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satanism is worse, if you disagree you are a biggot, I must say.

2. I have reasoned that religion came about both to counteract evil and to impose social order on the growing societies of people at the time of their inception. It was meant to be an understanding of the merits of good deeds. Some of the ideas are repulsive by today's standards, but generally they are structured toward promoting the society, eliminating the deviance and establishing order. They commonly come with messages of hope and peace.

Is that what we are judging?

Or are we judging the people who hijack religions to justify or gain support for evil deeds?

It takes evil people to do evil deeds, and I think that it is they who you are really judging. The title of this thread seems to suppose that one set of religious ideas is the worst of all of the sets. If that is what we are talking about, then why are we talking about people who did not even define the sets in the first place?

For example, judgments about the crusades are really judgments against the people of the time and not of the religion, wouldn't you agree?

3. Absolutely but that discussion is no fun. Especially since I agree. I feel this post got off topic a while ago and felt like having some fun. :hide:

4. I'm tempted to think it was a troll from the first post, since a statement was made with no supporting argument. The arguments that eventually followed seemed to cite outdated and extreme religious philosophy which is at least a common thing to all three of the most spoken-of religions. Then it seemed to venture into the territory of people and their interpretations. My question to the OP is this:

What makes Islam's principles worse than all other religious principles?

5. WRONG! it is just as shitty and worthless as 95% of religion.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UMP3AK5jwo]YouTube - westboro baptist church protests[/ame]

6. Calling someone a biggot if they don't agree with you, that's hysterical.

7. Aight I'm back from the park and I'm not going to read all the posts.

I made this thread knowing well that I'd get swarmed on by Islam sympathizers and get the neg rep treatment to point out hypocracy of most posters here :rolleyes:.

I'm sure most of the mad people in this thread are atheists who have no problem pointing out problems of Christianity but as soon as they see a thread condemning Islam they flock like moths to a flame. Tell me why...

You took the bait like champs.

I assumed people would think the religion.

I love how people bring in the WBC to try to make the claim Christianity is homophobic but fail to realize that nations under Sharia law execute their homosexuals.

Hitler kills a lot of gays = horrible

Sharia kills a lot of gays = a cultural difference.

psssst... for the record I don't belong to any religion

8. #68 garrison68, Sep 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2010
    There are some very good people who belong to the Muslim faith, and they range from moderate to progressive. The problem is that not nearly enough moderate, peaceful Muslims ever speak out against the bad factions - and when they do it's usually too little, too late. This makes it very difficult to trust Islam at all. Because this silence is so prevalent, there are few things that I'd rather read than a piece by a progressive, educated Muslim who understands the world and it's complexities, especially with regards to this religion and it's place in it. Abdul Rahman Al-Rashid is one such individual. Loading...

Irfan Al-Alawi is an equally compelling Muslim scholar and thinker.
    Writings by Irfan Al-Alawi :: Hudson New York

9. #69 Postal Blowfish, Sep 27, 2010
    Then answer the question I asked you.

10. #70 scary bubble jr, Sep 27, 2010

There is no separation of church and state.

I answered this long long ago

11. #71 Postal Blowfish, Sep 27, 2010
    this answers nothing. i asked you a question, i quoted the question after the fact in an edit. go back up to the last post of mine, and feel free to answer the question I asked.

edit: apparently I have to edit because of your ninja editing skills.

this still answers nothing. the major religions all call for the spreading of their religion and as i have already said, religion itself began as a way to bring order to societies. in other words, "statehood." explain why that imperative in Islam is worse than that imperative in the other religions.

12. #72 THE1andONLY, Sep 27, 2010
  13. all the abrahamic religions have had governments based on them. what makes Islam worse?

14. #74 scary bubble jr, Sep 27, 2010
    They 'did'. They don't anymore

wow that is so fascinating thank you so much

above

15. thanks for the history lesson. although i feel obliged to point at israel.

could you please answer the question i asked now?

16. I believe the Op's judgement is based on the extremist groups of islam, and not how "everyday" muslims act. Extremist Christians, cathlics and judaists are just as disgusting, but i dont think thier faiths should be judged by thier worst components either....

If you want to judge a Belief system, try focusing on the crazy ones where all of the believers are fucked up...Like scientology ;)

17. I don't like Israel.

My answer still stands

Besides you are argueing with someone who doesn't care.

18. Leave Tom Alone! :cry: Just leave him alone!

19. Then your posts mean nothing.

Thanks for contributing a thread full of nothing.

I actually gave a shit about trying to understand your post.

I feel like you owe me an apology. I was trying to actually get some meaning from this thread but you don't give a fuck, so what does it mean?

20. I already posted twice why I made this thread.

there are dozens of anti-Christian threads posted weekly which everyone joins in on but when they see an anti-Islam thread they al come to its aid. I knew there would be people preaching 'respect' and what not so I made it to see if people would. I was right.

All I want to know now is why. Why is it ok to bash on Christianity but Islam is a big no-no?

hmmmmmmmmm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.