Is your ego dead?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by The Audion, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Read about that. Very interesting.

2. He is considered the most spiritually influential person in the world. I could listen to him talk all day. I want to be him, to a degree.

3. Had a very potent ego death once.

Changed my life, but i did find the ego regrows itself with time.

4. I am going to say yes, the first time i did a thumbprint i knew it was gone.

5. [​IMG]

people misinterpret what the ego is, its a collection of similar lines/ways of thinking and looking at life from certain angles,
    in the that kind of sense then ego lives and dies all the time, like a phoenix,
    also i think its important to able to distinguish between someone who is being egotistical and someone who has principles,
    if you have principles, you may not agree with other people's principles but you get the fact that you and that person have different principles,
    a lot of times people with no principals throw around lables like ego easily around so that it looses all meaning.
    ego death is basically when you learn what really matters in life and you accept that one day you/your personality willl cease to exist, (physical death)

6. I've heard somewhere that it happens right when you orgasm..... The feeling i guess.

7. I could see that :D

8. thats more like o's not p's.

9. Ego is the false self. It is the ego that keeps this system working. The system is simply exploiting human psychology by inflating the ego of people and then it merely works against them whenever the system is being questioned. The ego is the defense system. Defending against finding the truth. If you want enlightenment put that ego away and learn to control it. That's all it takes.