Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

is weed whats helping me?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by TheFrostyPanda, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Okay so a few years back i had a grand moll seizure and i was diagnosed with epilepsy and was put on depakote and the seizures stopped...then i was taken off it...but then i had a few in my sleep then they kinda went away when i started smoking...but ive been very short on money so its been 3 weeks since ive smoked and about 3 days ago i woke up with a bleeding tounge a bunch of bruises and i even wet myself....i had another seizure im sure of it...and this was my worst one yet....do you think weed stopped me from having these seizures? Im currently trying to get more because im very scared that I'll wake up and find out i swallowed my tounge or something

2. Could be man, weed is very mysterious and helps a lot of different people with a lot of different problems. I would buy some and continue smoking and see what happens, but if your actually having seizures and wake up wet and bleeding I highly recommend you go back to your doctor

3. Cannabis has been know to lessen seizures for centuries! :hello: One of the first actual medical users I knew was a musician named Joey who told me he could cut his meds in half and still be seizure-free (he'd sell his pills to buy more pot! lol)

Anti-epileptic Action of Marijuana-Active Substances (full - 1949)
    http://www.mikuriya.com/s3_6.pdf

Cannabis may help epileptics (news - 2003)
    [FONT=&quot] Cannabis may help epileptics[/FONT]

Cannabinoids: Defending the Epileptic Brain (full - 2004)
    [FONT=&quot]Cannabinoids: Defending the Epileptic Brain[/FONT]

Epilepsy patients are smoking pot (news - 2004)
    ASA : Medical marijuana

Cannabinoids as potential anti-epileptic drugs. (abst – 2005)[FONT=&quot] http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=pubmed&Cmd=Retrieve&list_uids=16044663&dopt=abstractplus[/FONT]

Marijuana: an effective antiepileptic treatment in partial epilepsy? (abst - 2007)
    [FONT=&quot] Clinical Studies and Case Reports[/FONT]

Cannabis could be used to treat epilepsy (news – 2011) Cannabis could be used to treat epilepsy - Telegraph

New research provides hope for those with epilepsy (news - 2011) New research provides hope for those with epilepsy

There is more in my List, if you click that first link in my sig! :D

Granny :wave:

4. #4 TheFrostyPanda, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    thats some great info and Ive read alot about weed lessening seizures....but do you guys think it will be enough?....the meds they put me on forced me to drop outta school cuss out my friends have thoughts of suicide...im still recovering from the damage they did to my life and im back in school i have some friends back and i have a girlfriend i dont want to lose....i really dont want to be back on them..because weed makes me happy and enjoy life....those meds make me wanna end it....