is weed truly as great as your average weed head thinks ?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by fourtwozer0, Apr 20, 2013.

1. #1 fourtwozer0, Apr 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2013
    just a simple question ... not meant to be offensive in the slightest. but i'm a man who has dabbled with many (almost every) substances only to notice that every single one of them only holds me back...

what's the fun in that ? i want change for myself. i want to see what i'm capable of... see how far I can go ! if you catch my drift ...

drugs in general really only hold you back... not that i regret ever doing any of them. actually, quite the opposite.

they've made me who i am. and have only made me feel more and more human. but now i think i'm ready to evolve and move far away from all substances.

so, you tree enthusiasts , please, try to justify your habit without sounding like a complete stoner.

because for the first time in my life weed really isn't that important to me.

edit : sorry mods thought this was general. move if you please

2. I feel you. Sometimes I feel like I go through alot of trouble to attain weed and get high only just to be paranoid and self conscious when I'm baked. Throughout my life i have gotten into alot of bullshit just to get high. Got robbed by sketch dealers, cutting class to smoke when inwas in hs, lying to my parents. However, some of the best times of my life have been when I was high. It was a great way to chill with freidnds, relax and relieve stress. So you gotta find a way to balance drugs and life

3. you can chill with friends , relax, and relieve stress all without weed. just sayin ...

weed is just about a waste of money ( but what isn't ) if that's all it's used for.

all drugs cloud your mind so why not relax without them ?

4. Without the use of marijuana I'd be a completely different person in my opinion. Since I've started smoking I've become a lot more productive, I started going back to school, I changed my personality for the better, I'm working now. It's definitely had a positive impact on my life and I don't think I'd be who I am today without it.

5. Click that first link in my sig and just start reading!

Granny

6. ok, well... i never said weed is a schedule 1 drug and couldn't be used medicinally..

all i said was is getting stoned all it's cracked out to be ? I truly do not think so and not one of you could change my opinion..

just wanted to see if any of you related i suppose. considerin this is prob my last thread

im happy for you. that really is awesome.

7. Weed isnt for everyone man, sometimes people just cant be content with just getting "high", or they want to look into the spiritual side.

I personally have done my fair share and my opinion is weed is by far the best thing. I just love laughing with my friends smoking a bong and going to watch a good ass movie with some bitches and muchong the fuck out.

My mom told me when I was younger "everything in moderation" and you really can apply this to everything in your life.

When you first started smoking i bet you got blasted, well i can guarentee if you feel this way now you just have to give your brain time for your cannabinoid receptors to go back to their natural levels. And that means a very long tbreak.

8. I ask this same question too man, I rarely smoke now and if I do its just like two hits out of a pipe and it gives me like an uplifting energy rush lol. But I have some friends that go so far as to say they NEED it just to function "normally." If you ask me thats giving the herb a bad rep but to each their own.

Im kind of on the same page as you but with much less dwelling in other substances, but I do agree that there isnt necessarily a "use" for doing it, but thats like asking me why my favorite color is green....I dont know I just like it haha. Great to hear everyones stories though, I say no matter what, so long as you guys feel as what you are doing is helping you for the better, then by all means continue at your balance.

9. Weed is like life: only as good as you make it.

10. I totally understand where you're coming from. Bud allows u to create a fake reality of simplicity and comfort. But when it's gone it leaves you wanting more. I recently decided to give it up for a whole. Just at least until summer. It's a great herb in moderation but if every bit of your effort and time is put into obtaining and smoking bud. That's a sad existence. Unless you have the budget to afford it. Most of the time people don't though. And for people who weed affects positively I am quite jealous of you. It's a great thing and creates amazing bonds and feelings.

11. I'm in a lab for 12 hours a day and can afford to smoke daily. I come home and have a bowl with a drink. I don't see any harm in it

12. some people know how to relax and have a good time and some people dont.

13. Eh. Its good, but expensive. Even in a medical state, sometimes I'll take a 40 over a few grams. But usually I'm not that bored.

14. everyone comes to their own conclusions about everything in their life. it's not that you're wrong, it's just that for a topic like this what each person defines as "wrong" for them is going to vary. You say weed/drugs hold you back, and this may be true for others too, but maybe there isn't much to hold them back from. what exactly is/was it holding you back from? maybe they approached weed differently, or just live with different circumstances from you, and it fits in their life smoothly. or like you said, it was part of your life but you've grown and changed because of it and you've faded away from it. that's cool, it's always good to keep growing in life, so basically other people are on that same journey, maybe they will change in other ways and keep weed a part of their life, maybe not, maybe they won't change at all.

and when you say it holds people back I just get this image of the person who smokes 24/7 and that's like their priority and they dont have a good job etc., I know several people like this. maybe removing weed from their life would be the thing that jumpstarts change(or might not do a damn thing), but maybe they just dont know how/why to move forward yet. just let them toke along until they get a good mixture of motivation and self responsibility and they will change themselves, if they even want to change, and stopping smoking doesn't necessarily have to be part of that. I'm just saying maybe you could bring up topics, like your topic here, to spark some thought in people who are going along in a monotonous life and don't have people motivating them to do more, but plenty of people are very self-aware of how they're living and will change as they please (as you did)

I always write a lot. oh well. in general dont think weed is some HUGE part of everyones life, there are going to be a myriad of things and reasons for how there life is and what they do with their life

15. #15 BadKittySmiles, Apr 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2013

Now I'm not necessarily describing you throughout most of the below text, so I'll also preface my response here with a "no offense intended"; we're just having a discussion. :)

There's a good chance that if you've, 'dabbled with many (almost every) substances only to notice that every single one of them only holds me back,' that the problem is more likely you, not the drugs. :eek:

Some of us are content with cannabis for decades, without ever even trying another illicit substance.

Our use has nothing to do with 'getting messed up', or 'doing something illegal just for the sake of it'; it doesn't hinder our productivity or get in the way of our responsibilities or day to day activities, and most people in our daily lives aren't even aware that we're associated with cannabis, unless they're part of the inner circle, let alone are they aware that we're regular and avid tokers. :)

For us, this is like asking if orange juice is holding us back. :p

For someone who has a problem with substance abuse, and when even he knows that it's distracting him from responsibilities, and it's held him back... that is an -entirely- different ballgame.

Just like shopping, and video games can be abused, and certain people can become dependent on that instant gratification and the release of endorphins and pleasure hormones, cannabis can absolutely also be abused by people who have issues with self-control, and with impulsive, self-destructive behavior.

It's not like these guys have never heard of, or will never try cannabis after all. :p They can get their hands on it, and turn it into a problem.

But in the end, it's their problem and their burden to bear... it's certainly not a problem of the entire cannabis community, any more than it is the entire shopping community's problem, simply because shop-aholics exist. :p
    It simply means these people either need help, or they simply must abstain for all substances, because they don't have the presence of mind or ability to control their use, and moderation is something they have a very difficult time with.

If you're admitting to, and even abstaining from and eliminating problems you've created in your life, that's a GREAT first step! Keep up the good work. :) And maybe someday in the future, when you've purged the poor habits you've formed, and broken away from this idea that it 'needs' to hinder your productivity, it may be possible for you to handle our tame little cannabis plant without it getting the better of you again one day. :yay:

Hope this helps clear things up! :cool:

16. Simply put, I can have a good time easily when I'm not high. Smoking weed while having a good time just makes that a great time! :smoking:

17. Weed doesn't hold me back, it keeps me focused.

Don't forget everyone reacts differently to everything.

18. #18 fourtwozer0, Apr 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2013

although, I don't entirely agree with the way ya put things at first - i appreciate the honest and well put opinion.

19. #19 Sunny Jim, Apr 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2013
    Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I've been smoking off and one since my freshman year of high school, although I've only just recently become a semi daily smoker. And honestly, I smoke to relieve stress, and usually only at night or while exercising. It's something I do for myself, without any need to justify its' use to the world. It's true that if you're a habitual smoker, you can lose some clarity and get lost in a haze. And yeah, the high alone is no longer that alluring. I kind of think of the act of smoking as a ritualistic thing, one of the last connections we have to our tribal, paganistic past. It's relatively innocuous, and makes life that much more bearable. So why not do it?

Also, I have intermittent bouts of insomnia that can last for days and marijuana is the only sleep aid that works every time. So it has a practical application for me.

20. Then only hold yourself back when your goals don't require your full attention. Nobody said you need to smoke every day; maybe use it as a reward system, then you'll really be able to get "high"