Is Weed the Cure?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by erutxet, Mar 14, 2010.

1. I'm a 21 y/o girl from Ontario. I'm in my last year of university and I'm still a virgin -ridiculous, I know. I've definitely had opportunities to sleep with guys, but it seems like anxiety and paranoia overtake my mind and actions whenever it comes down to those very moments. I feel like a hugely sinful person, and like I'm about to do something wrong and totally irreversible. This leads to me always pushing the other person away, one night stands and long-term relationship situations alike.
    I think I feel this way because I'm afraid to lose my 'v-card' and no longer be pure, or something like that. I've gone to catholic schools all my life so have I been wired to stupidly take pride in my virginity, even though it's total bullshit.

However, whenever I smoke pot, :smoking:my sexual inhibitions go out the window, and I usually feel a lot more ready and eager to do the deed. So, I don't know. Should I just start getting high with my friends and sleeping with them? That sounds horribly trashy, but I really cannot imagine myself sleeping with anyone while sober, I have too many conflicting opinions in my mind. And I really want to, because I'm 21 and full of raging hormones, haha.

I guess I'm just curious about how people feel about weed as a way to suppress how you really feel in order to do something you truly want to do. Like should I stay true to my anxious nature, or break free unnaturally?

2. well sure pot can lower your inhibitions and whatnot, but the real problem (if you see it as one) is within yourself...you gotta learn that sex isn't wrong and sinful, its just a part of life and we all do it sometime! the human race would be pretty much annhilated without sex. I'd recommend getting high to anyone who has trouble losing their virginity, but yeah make sure you do it for the right reasons...also its probably better to lose it while in a relationship, not as a random hook-up, and be safe and use protection, obviously...good luck!

3. You need to work on your mental state first. Your doing it for the wrong reasons.

4. Yeah. Losing it for the sake of losing it is not a good reason. So true.

5. I have self-imposed rules for MJ smoking............

One of them is "Never make important decisions while stoned".

My list of rules has gotten me through 30 years of pot smoking without incident.

Just my $.02