Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

is weed for everyone??

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by st00pid, Jan 2, 2009.

1. personally i'm at a time in my life right now where i feel as tho weed has done more harm than good for me. most of my times being high have been shitty, mixed with a few good ones. but it seems like evereyone smokes, and i think sometimes that there is something wrong with me because i dont enjoy smoking as everyone else does.

so is it for everyone or no? is there anything wrong w/ not liking it, i always feel like ppl get looked down on when they dont smoke is this true?

2. Smoking is just like every other activity on the world, its not for everyone. Just like some people like quantum physics and some people like meth.

3. If you don't like it, then don't do it. Simple as that.

4. no, not nessecarily...some prefer not to and some do, its just the way it is...if someone looks down on you for not smoking tell them to beat a dick or something, thats not cool...

5. if you're not getting what you want out of it don't do it.

6. alrite, i keep getting bad highs thats why i don't like it, if i was getting good highs i would probably like it but that doenst happen, thats why it confuses me

7. What do you mean by bad highs? Because it could be one of many things going wrong. Please try to explain the "bad" part.

8. It shouldn't confuse you - you get bad highs more often than good highs, then it ain't for you. Ohwell. Life goes on

9. If you honestly believe that weed does more harm than good, then its not meant for you. It effects everyone differently, and if you don't like it, you don't have to like it.

10. bad highs are usually filled with staying in my head way to much and thinking too much, then questioning everything like the people i'm with and shit, i get really really insecure

11. Well thinking of things in a different way is normal. I mean like the people have said before me if you don't enjoy it don't do it.

12. well if the people you are smoking/chilling with make you that way...maybe you should get some new (smoking)friends?

13. I agree. Your problem may be that you're having paranoid highs, if you're constantly worried about getting caught or something like that, it can completely ruin the high.

14. yea i get paranoid .. and its rubbed off when i'm sober. its fucked up, i keep thikning tho that like one time i'll have a good high and it will fix everything, but i keep getting bad highs

15. can you elaborate on what you consider a "bad high"?

16. Not one thing is right for everyone. Except food, water, and air.

:)

17. its definatklye complicated my life, a lot, it just see eveyrone around me smoking and i feel like i need to but i don't like it usually.

a bad high is filled with bad thoughts, i see the bad in ppl instead of good, i get really paranoid, i'll like even be afraid to look at ppl

18. Do I believe that MJ is not for everyone? Yes, yes I do. Some people just don't have the right chemical receptors to enjoy it, or they've been indoctrinated or brainwashed to think that the magic herb is evil. Whatever the reason, no MJ is not for everyone.

That said, there are vast differences between the various strains available today. Certain strains will affect you differently. If you smoke some stuff that gives you a "bad high" as you say, try a different strain.

Environment is also a key factor when smoking especially when you're a newbie. I usually recommend that you be as comfortable with your surroundings as possible, with as few other people around as possible (who aren't smoking with you that is). Parties where a lot of other people are smoking are good too, but if you have to be super-secretive every time you smoke, it could become a negative experience for you just because you have to be extra careful.

Personally I find that when I'm out in nature I get the BEST highs - so I like to go hiking and smoke a joint or out of a small pipe. There usually isn't anyone else around, or at least you can keep it stealthy when someone else does come along the trail. Just be careful not to start any fires!

My living room is obviously my most comfortable place, watching a good movie, can't beat it.

19. Well, how long have you been smoking for, or how many times have you been high. If you have smoked (or been high, since not everyone gets high when they first try it) 3 times and have yet to have a good high maybe you just have yet to have a good high. If you have smoked 2000 times and have yet to have a good high, then yeah its not for you.

20. i've smoked proably like i dont know over 50 times probably, it just doesnt do it, it just makes me insecure