Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is weed a central nervous system depressant?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Chamba, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Okay, I'm so confused. I have a prescription that can't be taken with CNS depressants, but I can't find anything reliable online saying if weed is or not. Anybody know the facts??

2. i don't think so

3. marijuana is not a cns depressant
    it stimulates the appetite centers of the brain, and the pleasure centers the relaxing effects pot gives are not depressant effects but anti inflammatory
    it's more of a cns stimulant

4. Usually, what they are worried about is your breathing. Cannabis does not depress lung functions like opiates.

5. Most people have one side more dominant than the other that defines the way we think and act. He says using marijuana helps the two hemispheres work together better for a more clear thought process.
    It's a very interesting show for anyone able to watch it.

6. Marijuana is a psychedelic.

Not a stimulant or depressant.

7. dude..weed is everything.

8. l2research instead of relying on rumours, it's not the 80's anymore buddy

9. And for the research, just click that first link in my sig!