Is voting independent the best a person can do?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DavidH, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Re: Is voting independent the best a person can do?

Short Answer:

Yes.

Long Answer:

No.

2. Power is in the people, do you not agree?

3. Uh, no, not at all. That's how its supposed to be but unfortunately we wavered off that path a long time ago. Why do you suppose the ultra wealthy provide millions upon millions to these candidates to squash any threat or competition? Because thats where the power actually lies.

The people could actually take back the power but unfortunately there are to many sheeple out there that are blinded by shiny bobbles and trinkets in the form of tax rebates, welfare, and a slew of other entitlement programs which amount to nothing more than government hush money for the masses to look the other way, and makes the sheeple dependent on the government for sustenance.

4. And you don't think that cosmicserpent, and people with his mindset, help to perpetuate this?

I agree, the people can take the power back. But not if people think like cosmicserpent and vote for McCain or Obama so they don't "waste" a vote on an independent candidate.

5. No i don't think Cosmic Serpent and people with his mind set are responsible. Its the people who didn't care about actually reading about a candidate and making an educated decision, the people that blindly vote every year along party lines because mom and dad do.

I might not always agree with Cosmic Serpent on a political level, but he is one of the most informed individuals that i have had the pleasure to debate. And because he is informed he realize that there is an unavoidable 2 party system in this country and unless we fix it first, voting for a third party candidate is actually the same as voting for a Dem or rep.

6. He was a shill for the builders of the Fed.

JP Morgan and Wall Street don't fund third party anymore, they already control both major parties.

7. Read up on the assasignation attempt on his life, it truely is inspiring.

He was giving a speach at Madison Square Garden and a man shoots him, he gets up goes back to the podium and says, "even you can't kill a bull moose" and pulls out his speach. The speech has save his life, the metal container his speech was in slowed down the bullet. He pull his speech from the container and it had blood all over it. He turns to the man and says, "look what you did now, you ruined my speech, now I have to resight the entire thing from memory". Then he resights his entire speech from memory and goes to the hospital and gets the bullet removed.

He truely was an amazing Man and a true American, it is wrong to accuse him of having dealings with the creation of the FED.

8. i believe this election is going to weigh very heavily....

on the selection of thier v.p's,,,,,,,,,

this is a unique election indeed,,,,,

since when has the choice of a v.p.
    had any relevance?:cool:

9. If they knew that, wouldn't you be known as a terrorist?

10. Yes and that's a tragedy...anyone speaking out against the US Government will be labelled a terrorist.

In 100 years, those same people may be looked at as Patriots.

11. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPg9MdN9Gio

A FEMA meeting where a representative is telling local police that the founding fathers were terrorists.