Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is vaping CBD as effective as eating it?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by iKerry, Sep 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. This senior is concerned about memory loss, etc. wants to know if vaping CBD is as effective as edibles?

2. vaping just uses less material. edibles require more materiel and the effects from edibles last longer than vaping. But, regardless the delivery method CBD will act the same in your body just that the amounts you present your body will determine the time of metabolism of that CBD.
    Now, using CBDa for example will be different than CBD regardless of amounts etc because of how CBDa metabolizes.
    Also, using THCa will be just like CBD because of how THCa metabolizes... some of the compounds are agonist agents while others antagonist agents

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'm not aware of any connection between memory loss and method of ingestion. To answer your question, the answer is "no" IMHO. Your results with edible vs. vape will vary depending on the condition you are treating, but vaping is unlikely to provide the necessary amount of medication in an acceptably long-lasting fashion. If for example, you are treating chronic pain, you will find yourself constantly reaching for the vape, because the effect wears off too quickly. OTOH, if you are treating breakthrough pain, vaping may be beneficial for the quick onset effect.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks Galaxy420, I'm unfamiliar with CBDa and THCa. Is it worth checking out?

The reason I ask is that I have access to an oil that's lab tested as 50% CBD and 50% THC; it produces the same high that I get using Royal Crown THC (which is a two-toke high oil) so my thinking is—if there's a possibility that smoking THC/CBD will help, even a little, to minimize memory loss, it's worth using. I use it for creative thinking and writing.

I think our buds here in Hawaii have not kept up with the times (too many tokes to get high) so I switched to vaping oil. The oil reminds me of my very first toke years ago. For certain I have become somewhat desensitized/immune.

I do understand that the effects of CBD on memory loss, Alzheimer's, and senility are anecdotal, still, it's exciting to think of the possibilities.

Much appreciation to all, Kerry

• Like Like x 1
  5. Being honest with you, I'm pretty sure I forget more shit when I'm stone sober than I do when I'm lit, Kerry. Now, if you're exceptionally high, of course you're gonna have duhwut moments. Drunk people have'em all the time. As far as not feeling like it gets you as high, I dunno about your smoking schedule but if it's anything like mine then now and again you should take like a 1-2 week break without smoking any. The body can develop a tolerance to THC just like it can alcohol, so if you're a regular then that could easily explain why you feel like you've become desensitized to it. I think I read somewhere that it takes the body either a week or a month(may have to google that), to fully release so that you don't have any THC tolerance anymore.

Oil is very potent, so if you start vaping or dabbing then you should be aware that if you go back to just herb without a bit of a break then that can make the herb feel weak too. Normally if I have a tight week at work or whatever and I don't have any weed, I'll just take that week and break, let my body get back relaxed so that when my money's right again I can get ripped. :smoking-bong: Gotta make sure the fam eats first tho, you know? Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1