is training plants worth it ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by apex100, Jun 12, 2012.

1. hey gc is training plants worth doing or can i just let them grow how they want to ?will i still get decent yeild letting them grow how they want to

2. :wave: You can get great yeilds without training them at all, it can improve yields though and helps to get the most from a grow area :smoke:

3. okay should i wait untill i transplant my plants til i low stress train ? iv seen a video on youtube where he tapes the end of leaf to side of pot is this a good way of doing it ? it looks simple and easy to do

4. I would never suggest taping your plants. the on the plants do so much, why cover parts of it?

Just do the wire method, a small flexible wire (clothes hanger) would be great to use to hold down parts of the plant. You can find some great diagram on here (don't feel like searching atm) explaining LST MUCH better than those youtube videos. I was shocked the first time i saw that.

5. okay thanks yeh a clooths hanger sounds like good idea my plants are 15days old any ideas when i should start training them ?

6. I use fishing line to train my plants, i drill small holes into the top of the soil pot and run it through then tie down a branch.

You can start training them as soon as possible, however training them when they're only 1-7 days old can be a hassle. I wait 3 weeks personally then I train for one week then 12/12