is topping really necessary???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by miggy420, Nov 12, 2009.

1. i mean.... it will still grow bud right????

i mean im a first timer and dont really want to top the plant wrong and screw up my only female lol.

its doing really good too lol.
    so i dunno.

but i mean the reason why people top is to produce moree bud right?

i mean but if i dont top ill probally get one and half oz. and if i do top , maybe 3 ?

2. miggy . my opinion, backed up by multiple grows is never top. to get the same effect as topping tie the top of and tame it away slowly to allow lowers to develop. no matter what anyone else tells you here and they will. yeah if you pinch or cut top it will allow two branches under it to develope . i am telling you i acheive this without topping just training and my plants never get stunted from getting stress like when you top. but find out on your own like i did it is always better to prove it to yourself. good luck bro

3. I "pinch" or top all of my plants(to me pinching/topping are the same?).

My grow Cycle:
    Cut clones, 2 weeks to root fully(even if there showing). then I top them let them veg for 2 weeks while the new branches grow in, then i move them to budding. While in budding Ill let them grow for 2 weeks, and then I lollipop them(remove all lower branches and leaves). and let the main canopy of the plant strive and grow huge.

... But the only way you will ever know what Kind of method you like, is by trying it..

GL.
    (Edit: I never cut the top of the plants off. Just remove the small tiny bit of new growth, and It doesnt stress/stunt the plant.. from what I have seen personally.)
    :smoking: