*Is this yellowing nute burn or deficiency?*

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by wizardchad, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Ph: 5.9
    Easy Ryder
    Hydro

I recently flushed but still noticing continued problems, im not sure if im under nuting or over. Maybe some one smarter than me can throw some knowledge my way :smoke:

Attached Files:

2. this happend to me but im in dirt, i had just transplanted and put them in a room with ALOT MORE LIGHT and gave them their first dose of nutes, this happened and pple told me to flush , so i flushed and it progressivly got worse, so i decided to give them a bigger dose of ferts on the basis that in the new room they "needed more" to grow at the pace that the room was demanding it, and it got better, older leaves became green again, but not completly, but the newer growth grew nice and healthy, and thats whats important.

so if the new growth is growing fine now after your flush then i would say your ok, but if the new growth is growing the same as those leaves i would say up your ferts

on another note i also gave them an extra boost of potassium because i presumed that they were def in K, and theyre looking good now

gl

3. Joe Fresh thanks for the input man. I sincerely appreciate you took time out to help me out.

More details are as follows: I upped the nutes slightly, after i realized i was slightly under nuting them via other small symptoms. Those symptoms left, but one week later i start getting this slight yellowing. So in response i flushed the res and put in less nutes, a lot less, and the yellowing continued and the new growth started slightly yellowing...

Maybe i should increase it? god i wish there was an easier way to figure out how much i should be nuting without hurting my child...

4. is there any way you can seclude one plant and test it by giving it more nutes and seeing if it makes a change compared to the rest?

5. what ppm are you feeding them?

6. I unfortunately dont have a PPM meter any more... But it is about 1.5 tbs per 1 gal. I cant take them out either because they are both locked up with their roots....

7. That yellowing is a deficiency (I forget which one.. there is a stickied thread in these forums that will identify it for you.) It is most certainly NOT nute burn. Get a PPM meter. I cannot stress that enough. It's even more important during flowering than during veg. Without it, you're flying blind.

8. #9 wizardchad, Mar 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2010
    OKay, good, i was concerned about nute burn mostly. I will add some veg nutes since soon as i stoped adding veg nutes and just uped the flower nutes is when this started.

Im a really broke college student and cant afford the 80 bux for a ppm meter. I mean litterally cant afford one.

ALso: i did look at the guides every where but they are so poorly organized that i cant tell if its a deficiency or burn, or if it is showing the pic for the right nute...

9. It seems to be either Zinc or Mn deficiency.

None of my chem ferts say about any of those trace elements... Think, possibly, if i add half a tab of aerogarden nute tabs it should contain the zinc/mn? Know of any household items that would contain it?