is this wrong?

Discussion in 'General' started by iryad, Jan 6, 2008.

1. i was parked in a school parking lot last night, picking up my younger bros, and some guy backs into me while i have the car in park, i'm not moving at all, and he litereally just backs into me, i guess he didn't look into his rear view mirror when he was in reverse.

the guy gets out of the car, i get out, ask if he's alright, we both are, so we step up to the area that got hit, and it's a pretty bad dent, i mean it's not HORRIBLE, but it can't be popped out.

so i took it into a body shop today, just to see how much it would run for, and they said that it will cost about 450 to repair, they said they'll have to replace the whole side panel.

so i called the guy back up, and told him what happened, i asked if he wanted me to go through his insurance or if he wanted to pay the fee himself so we can avoid the insurance. he said he'd rather do it through the insurance, so i told him i'll call them on monday.

he called a few hours later and told me that he changed his mind and that he was willing to cover the damages so it won't go through the insurance, i said sure.

but now that i think about it, if this kid gives me 450, i honestly don't give a fuck about a dent in my car, i'd rather keep the 450 and drive on with a dent, possibly even try to suction cup that thing out myself, i know it won't look perfect, because the dent is too steep, but i'm pretty sure i can touch it up myself so it won't look as bad.

but is that ethically wrong? i mean i already just feel bad for the kid, i know it was an accident, but do you guys think it's cool if i ask for 450 and just keep it and not fix the dent? or is that just down-right wrong?

2. you shouldnt feel bad at all dude

because you are getting the cash you just choose to drive a car with the dent in it and pocket it.

3. either way he fucked up your shit. 450 is for your car.... if its not worth fixing your car then dont.. if its a nice ride then fix it up. Either way your fine.

4. yeah, I mean, he is paying you for his mistake. not so much for the cost of the dent. I mean if you really feel bad about it, you can tell him you found a bit of a cheaper fix and not take all 450

5. no man the dent is worth 450... i wouldnt take ne less... especially if u get less then change your mind.... then u made the mistake

6. it's your $450, do what you the fuck you wanna do.

7. hell no bro

450 pick up a couple ounces of some dank

itll help you figure out how to get that dent outta your car for under 10 bucks

8. caint get a couple ounces of dank for 450 lol. Youll get like a oz, and a quarter out that maybe. BUT to the topic at hand then?

Anyways, no I dont think its wrong at all! Its owed money, meaning its YOUR money. Do what you want with it, especially if hes giving it to you in cash.

9. Yeah man, its your cash. I mean, you don't have to fix the dent right away, right? You could just bank that $450 to pay for the dent sometime later on, then withdraw $450 and buy some dank. Problem solved.

:smoking:

10. im sure you can think of at least one person you kno that knows how to fix everything for cheap..so figure out who that person is, or if you cant, ask your friends...so no, like everyone said, hes paying for the mistake, thats just what the fixit place says it costs

11. yeah dude..... its money owed to you, its your money do what you want with it

12. pfft, i think the answer is obious. go buy your self some nice buds, and a bong to go with it :)

13. I would try to suction cup it out. You'd be surprised at how well that works, worked for me a couple times. Anyway, if he does give you the cash, buy some bud man..unless your car is pretty nice. Up to you, but hell no I don't think it's wrong.

14. its only ethically wrong if your car didnt actually need 450 dollar repair other then that no

15. the $450 is compensation for damages. its your money.

16. It's not wrong, but you really ought to get that dent fixed. If you don't do it now you never will, and if the paint got damaged rust will eat your car.