Is this wise?? Need opinions!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Tweaky, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Hey guys,

Plan of action:
    Im gonna germinate my seeds tonight and then as soon as i have a 5mm root im gonna plant them outdoors in their final pot and put a plastic half bottle for protection over each of them with holes for ventilation...

Reason:
    I live with my folks now! And I only have 4 seeds, so im afraid to just plant them directly in the ground. I cant keep young seedlings alive in the house for a week or more as i'd have no source of light without getting caught!

Any tips or alternate suggestions - please do! I need your help...

Let me know what you think :D

2. Well seedlings need sun too. Where are they going to be while at your house?

If they are somewhere where you can keep an eye on them, you don't have to put the plastic bottle over them.

3. Well its gonna be sorta of a geurilla grow, but at the same time still close to home... I know seedlings need sun, but i cant give them that if i grow them indoors for a while..

4. im new to growing too..i also live with the folks lol
    but start them off in like a lil dixie cup like on the side of ur house(some where with sun but they dont go)
    when they get to about 2-5 inchs you should be good to go with planting then any where

5. yea man, thats an option :) thinking i could do that, alot of people around our house tho, not to mention a dog which eats anything unfimiliar :p

6. Tim's suggestion is great, if you can pull it off. And if u think about it, for the first 5 days the plants are so small people that see the cup might just think its empty or cant even see the plant. Another idea is this. Take the dixie cups Tim mentioned, and get a GREAT feel for their size and measurements. Dig a small hole about the size of the dixie cup in a part of your yard or somewhere on the edge of your property that the dog wont walk on...Then, you can cover a thin layer of dirt, grass, little of whatever is around so it covers up a thin layer on top of the cup, so the only part that doesnt have a thin layer is roughly a half inch circle in the middle of the cup, for the plant to pop up. I figure if you plant the seed in the almost exact center of thet cup, and you leave a circle in the middle of the cup without a thin layer of camoflauge, about the size of a relly thick straw or somethin. Smaller then a dime or a small coin. Nobody should be able to notice then.
    GL

7. yeah then you need to explain why you have multiple holes around the yard.....

8. Thanks for the suggestions guys, ive went ahead and started germinating with the paper towel method, so whatever happens now happens, ill make up my mind in the next while, 12 hours on and they arnt showing any signs of germinating..

I hope this is normal, dont wanna fail at the first hurdle :S

9. Some of my seeds took 72+ hours to germ. Check up on them every 24 hours.

10. yea man, ive inherited my dads impatience, i guess its something im gonna need for a good long time now :)

11. I am doing the same thing except I told my parents I am starting a garden. I planted beans, peppers, pumpkin and have them all outside in seed starters. My dad even waters them for me when I am not around. I will transplant them to a garden and my real girls to different spots. Why not just start a garden? Your parents will never realize what a 1 ft tall marijuana plant looks like.

12. Haha, man, thats awesome :) But if i started a garden my parents would be thinking theres something seriously wrong with me :D All that effort you see! but for anyone else that may read this, its a pretty class idea!

13. Thanks. I guess its not to uncommon for my family....We had one in the past. I guess an excuse could be your going green or you know your food is organic. It all depends on what type of person you are. Its almost a sure proof way not to get caught.

14. All 4 germinated anyway and went ahead with my origional idea, the soil i had prepared had dried out on top though... and i only had 4 litres of water with me, so i had to do with... im a bit concerened about the soil, cut the bottles in half and placed them over the seeds, didnt put holes in them though because i cant afford to let any moisture escape...

I heard that you shouldnt water the soil after planting seedlings, but if it dries up again what will i do!! :S

Im gonna be worrying now until i see a sprout coming through!

15. def keep em wet u do not want a seedling to dry out at all,Im jus curiuos what color are the 2 liters?

16. just clear see through plastic man

17. k iwas pictureing green 2 liters for some reason thought fer sure

18. A littlw off topic but.. Wow, browntowns got 666 post, and i have 666 spam messages in my inbox...