Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is this weird or normal?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by amnesiakush, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Hey people when i hit a bong i allways go to spit in the sink and i wouldn't say it was saliva lol it looks more like water. is this normal or fucked up?

2. Happens to me sometimes as well, if I take a massive rip.

And that's definitely saliva for me bro. Sippin' a little bongwater?

3. o % bong water in my mouth, ive got bong water in a few times and it deffo aint that lol. probably the saliva glands thinking wtf. lol

4. My mouth gets wet after a bong rip too. It's just your mouth watering, nbd.

5. The smoke picks up water particles when it passes through the bong.

6. Heavy salivation is far more watery than the occasional spit. Nothing to worry about.

7. Just saliva, your mouth waters while getting bombarded with smoke (too bad not after amirite?).

8. LMAO. You making it up as you go?

My smoke gets filtered thru bong water, maybe I'm ripping int wrong ;)

...and true that!

9. like he said nothing to worry about :)

10. What the fuck?

11. It's called condensation.

12. Almost anytime I smoke anything my my salivary glands produce a lot of saliva. I'm not sure of the exact reason but It definitely has to do with the smoke and there's nothing unusual about it. Don't worry about it.

13. I think it would be the heat and evaporation causing the condensation more so then smoke particles "picking" up the water molecules? :confused: Idk.

14. The particles have to be small enough to be carried by the smoke. The condensation happens when it reaches your mouth and throat. If there was no water involved then your mouth would dry out due to the hot smoke. Like with a pipe. Cottonmouth anyone?

15. Cottonmouth is caused because cannabinoids affect the part of the brain that controls tear and saliva production. It has nothing to do with how you smoke, though yes if you smoke through a bong there's more moisture in the smoke. That's actually bad for your lungs, but it won't be as harsh on the mouth.

16. I did not know that. Although, I've never had cottonmouth using my vape. I live in the southwest. I have dealt with cottonmouth during football practice or when I'm working outside. I was dehydrated.

17. So you're saying that taking a bong hit is "picking up" enough water particles to fill his mouth to the point that he has to spit? And theoretically if I don't change my bong water frequently it will eventually run out due to this repeated "picking up" of particles? And also, you get cottonmouth with a bong too...not just a pipe.

That sounds a little sketchy to me man.

18. #18 Turin, Aug 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2010
    Smoke dose carry aerosol of water,(But the smoke dose not simply pick it up., it depends on the fuel source. Which I guess I can't see how it relates to the water within the bong other then heating it up.) so yeah. But I agree it probably mostly saliva.

19. #19 newbienewton, Aug 31, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
    That's a little exaggerated but yes you can see the level of the bong water going down as you smoke. I'm not talking inches. But it is noticeable.

O.k., so we agree it's a contributing factor but not the cause. I stand corrected. My biology professor talked about this very subject but the instrument used was a hookah and the material was tobacco.

20. Yeah man it's cool. When you use a bong I always swallow before because a couple of times Iv been drueling down my bong mid hit because I cant swallow. It pretty gross but usually i forget about it because I just took a hit