Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is this weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Bigpuffa, Aug 19, 2016.

1. I'm a gold member because a few years ago I donated $15 to GC, it doesn't mean anything else. Basically I bought that Gold Member notation. My question was what other psychoactive ingredients are in weed that get you high when THC no longer will. Sure there's lots of cannabinoids but they don't get us high. You should look up how our receptors work. It's very interesting and since you say you don't know the science you may as well learn. Hard to believe you're arguing science you admit you don't understand.

• Like Like x 2
  2. No thanks man. I understand it. I just don't see the point in explaining something that is obvious to every pothead like you build tolerance to a strains certain chemical make up as well as THC. Maybe you should do a little reading up. I know when I haven't smoked Mexican bud for years it knocks me on my ass. You can argue about it if you want.

THC is not the only cannabinoid with psychoactive properties. Are you saying that THC is the only cannabinoid that bonds to our receptors? That is wrong. There are 66 of them capable of bonding to your brains receptors.
    5 Potent Cannabinoids in Marijuana besides THC
    What Are The Active Ingredients In Medical Marijuana?
    "To date, there have been 86 cannabinoids identified in nature and others have been synthesized chemically. Other cannabinoids, in addition to THC, have medicinal or psychoactive elements."

THC is the strong main ingredient but we are just beginning to understand the roll other chemicals play in the "high" CBD even though it isn't psychoactive by itself acts in concert with the THC in the plant to moderate it's effects.

Pre-treatment with CBD nearly tripled the brain levels of THC in mice in experiments. How do you explain that? There is a lot going on there chemically in a plant and that is one of the main reasons the DEA/FDA actually have a little of an argument when they say that they can't regulate it because the effects aren't reproducible. It's not 100% chemically reproducible because it's such a complex mix of chemicals that vary in amounts between each plant. This complex dance of chemicals in your brain is what causes the effects of different strains to vary so much.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Let me blow your mind even further. There's a new THC!!!! Yes another highly potent active cannabinoid besides delta9thc. It's mostly found in old land race sativa strains like Mexican brick weed and Durban Poison. Go figure why it can knock you out. If you smoke strains with no THCV or very small amounts then smoke some with a high amount you will have no tolerance to it.
    5. Tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV)
    [​IMG]

THCV, as you might suspect from its name, is a cannabinoid very similar to THC. In fact, the two molecules are nearly identical, though the ways they are synthesized in the marijuana plant are distinct and lead to some pretty important differences.

• Is THCV Psychoactive?
      Yes! Perhaps even more so than our old friend THC. THCV produces a clear, euphoric high that is often described as psychedelic.
    • Medicinal Effects of THCV
      Surprising for a cannabis component, THCV is actually being investigatedas an anti-obesity drug. Unlike THC which induces the munchies, this cannabinoid suppresses appetite.
    THCV has been shown useful at reducing tremors resulting from Parkinson’s Disease and other neurological disorders.

• Looking for a THCV High?
      When you couple the words bright, cerebral, energetic, creative or euphoric with “high” do any strains in particular come to mind? You’re right. African Landrace Sativas like Durban Poison are really high THCV, as are most of the Haze strains.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Bricks on bricks.

5. Great thread for a Sunday morn. Just set me up for a day of research ✌️

• Like Like x 1
  6. So you think when you got high off that brick weed when your tolerance for dank was too high it was the THCV that got you high? It would have to have been a psychoactive cannabinoid and there's very few of those, all those other 66 cannabinoids go somewhere in our bodies but like taking a vitamin, you can't feel whatever they're doing in there and some of the psychoactive ones are antagonist.
    When someone makes a claim I check it against what I know and if it doesn't fit either the claim is wrong, I learn something new, or it remains an unsubstantiated claim. Maybe you did get high from THCV, I doubt it but I can't prove you didn't. Thanks for the discussion for I did learn a couple of things while trying to prove you wrong and a lot of that stuff I once could understand went over my head, especially here.... The Endocannabinoid System as an Emerging Target of Pharmacotherapy I'm sure I could keep at it until I understood it but don't have the motivation.
    And it's been my experience when my tolerance is high it's high for different types, both Sativa and Indica. I don't smoke a lot of different strains because I grow but I have grown pure Sativa just for the purpose of seeing if I could tell a difference in the highs and found I couldn't. For me, taste varies but the high is the same. Maybe my cannabinoid receptors are worn out, eh?

• Like Like x 1
  7. I smoke it. It made me sleepy but it was very relaxing.