Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is this weed a free catch or molded?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by Atromatic, Dec 23, 2014.

1. #1 Atromatic, Dec 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2014
    So basically, I was with my friend last night and we drank a little bit and I saw this little mmj container behind his microwave (He used to sell) and I was like what is that?

He started laughing and was like that's like 8 month old weed, and I recognized the weed from when he had it a while back because it was in a "Charlie sheen" labeled container.

The weed has noticeably lost it's beauty, but I did smoke a little bit of it last night and GOD I was HIGH.

I have been feeling a little "off" today, I don't know if I want to throw it at my binge drinking all week, or the possibility of the weed being molded, and it making me sick.

I am feeling a lot better now, but I was squeamish earlier (and I'm never hungover.)

So here's a few pictures, it was in an airtight container, so i've heard about the possibility of it being molded, and the possibility of it crystallizing and becoming more potent.

(He did used to put a couple of drops of water in his weed, which is where I feared the mold.) 

Please let me know what you think!

EDIT: I got 5ish grams for free.

Attached Files:

2. That looks like dog shit but id probably smoke it

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. looks fine to me

4. Yeah, it looked good.. well 8 months ago. I know because I saw the batch haha, it has completely lost it's coloring, and doesn't look attractive at all anymore i'm just trying to see if it's safe.

5. I wouldnt worry when i was younger i smoked weed that sat in draw for about 8 years it didnt get me high just tasted like ass i didnt get sick tho

6. I don't think you're understanding, it was in an airtight container, and was moist still when I opened it.

Mold grows in places where there's no air/moist/dark etc.

7. I understand but it just looks like yuck weed not moldy

8. Clearly not the weed that's making you sick. Case closed.

9. Honestly the darkest bud I've ever seen anyone know why it's such a dark brown?

10. #10 sbgrowery, Dec 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2014
    same exact reason brick weed is brown... it pretty much went through a brick process of hell without actually being bricked at all haha

look at the INSIDE of nugs to check for mold because thats where it usually starts... mold is pretty noticable usually

edit- when a leaf falls from a tree it doesnt stay green, same with other leaves from other plants.. weed is pretty much leaves and calyxes which is also pretty much leaves.... chlorophil breaks down thats why its brown, if you look on the insides of most nug you will likely at least see a little bit of browning (from chlorophil breakdown)

11. People crack me up with their perception of ''yuck'' weed  :hippie:  

12. I'd smoke it. But I don't think I would binge drink all week and then create a thread on GC about it.

13. "He used to put drops of water in his weed"
    Seriously what's up with GC this week and putting water in weed? This is like the fourth thread I've seen about water getting in weed this week. 

But besides that, it looks fine. I'd blame the binge drinking making you feel a little off. 

14. probably just thc overload, it still affects you the next day if u get high enough, as you mentioned. i doubt theres mold, just got you faded

15. That clearly doesn't look like a overload of thc.

Haha, that's the funniest thing..
    It is actually weed from a dispensary.

It's just lost all signs of life, but I was reading up somewhere that if weed is left in an airtight container for an extended amount of time (which around 8 months it was)

It can actually crystallize and become more potent?

It doesn't really seem plausible, but it actually did get me a lot higher than some typical dank weed, might of been all in my head.

17. i found a half under my bed a year later still moist in a jar before...smelled a bit funky but let it air out and it was still good

18. Weed NEVER becomes more potent through any ageing EXCEPT through the relatively short curing period...every moment after that is a downhill slide....even in the freezer...slows it quite a bit, but the degredation is as honest as the days are long.

19. I have heard about people burying weed and it apparently grows a certain type of mould underground that makes weed more potent, never seen any science behind it though sounds like bs

20. Back in 1975, there was an underground book available to stoners (remember, back then it was HIGHLY illegal) called A Child's Garden of Grass...and there was a chapter in that book that spoke of burying weed and it developing a mold making it more potent....that is just BULLSHIT...what it does is make it TOXIC.....please don't mold up your weed ever believing it does anything other than ruin it...