Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is this true?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by GabbaGabbaHey, Dec 4, 2012.

1. I offered to take the safety off my homies lighter for him, he refused because he said that if police catch you with a lighter with no safety, they can slap you with a paraphernalia charge. Is this true?

2. Lol no bro youre friend is just high. The safety being on or off has nothing to do with the legality of it hahaha. A lighter with marijuana resin on it may be considered paraphernalia, dont quote me on that one though because im just talking out of my ass

3. No.. Thats mad dumb.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Actually i have heard that somewhere else.

5. I'm pretty sure they sell lighters with no safeties on them....

6. This is absolutely not true. No possible way a cop can charge you with paraphernalia for just having a lighter (whether or not the safety is on it).

I have like 5 lighters in my desk at work (don't ask, I somehow collect them) and EVERY one of them has the safety off. As soon as I get a lighter I pull the safety off, regardless of what I'm going to use it for.

7. Are you kidding me? Lol

First of all I've never heard someone get a charge of para. For a LIGHTER wtf
    Your friend is retarded AF

8. [quote name='"danksmokar"']no.. Thats mad dumb.[/quote]

^^agree

9. #9 mogli, Dec 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2012
    :laughing: thanks for the laugh. kids :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  10. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, wtf :laughing:

11. The only way they can classify it as pariphanelia is if theres enough resin on it to scrape off and test.

12. Wtf is a safety ? In the uk we have two settings to a lighter, on ( flame ) and off ( no flame ) . Thought every one walked around with a nine in their pocket in the US, and the gov puts a safety on a lighter?

13. Nope. But the safety is one of the most annoying creations to be put on something. That shit comes off before I even spark the lighter for the first time.

14. What does it do? Extinguish flame after so long, make hard to light in first place ?

15. It basically just makes it harder to light. It's a little metal band that wraps around the striker. With it on, you have to push down a lot harder to light it. This video shows what I'm talking
    about[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5sE1vybDng[/ame]

16. The safety hurts like a bitch when it's coold.

17. I must have strong thumbs, as I've never felt the need to remove one.

18. As i too have descent thumb strength, however, i like the ease of the flick, i just cant stand that force pushing back on my thumb.