Is this true about gum?

Discussion in 'General' started by autumnatic, Oct 26, 2012.

1. The other day my friend was saying how her mom never would let her chew gum because she thinks it's nasty. I never knew why until now she said that web shit that comes out of spider's asses are used in gum. Am i the only one who didn't know this? or was she just messing with me? lol i mean it kinda makes sense since gum's like unbreakable or whatever. Wtf how did i never know this.. i'm still going to chew gum though:smoking:

2. Thats why vegans never chew gum.

3. lmao you got trolled. why the fuck would they use spider webs to make gum?

4. There's so much shit people eat out there that they're unaware of, it's funny gum is whats concerning this mom.

5. Yeah, like artificial raspberry flavoring is mixed with beaver anal glands hahah.

So whenever you're enjoying that nice raspberry lollipop just remember you're licking a beaver's asshole.

6. Gum chewing, or rather the swallowing of saliva, can result in stomach ulcers. Gum is pointless and inconsequential IMO, eat an apple

7. Ok i'll admit it. i'm the guy that puts the spider webs in your gum. Your mom pays me to do it. We have been keeping this secret for far too long. Its time to let the cat out of the bag.

8. as if our only source of clean water isn't chemically treated with fluoride, our environment isn't constantly being poluted by carbon monoxide, and everything we generally eat hasn't been processed through a machine? yeah, gum is just the worst

9. Gum is made of a rubber base.

10. Did you know the average person ingests a liter of saliva a day? :wave:

11. fucking internet man

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB3st6SQnsk]How It's Made - Bubble Gum - YouTube[/ame]

12. It was a rumor back in the '70's that Bubble Yum's secret ingredient was spider eggs. It's not really true but it's one of those things that gets said all the time like 'smoking weed kills brain cells'.

If you chew too much gum you can get stomach ulcers though. :laughing:
    Only time I chew it is if my breath smells. :smoking:

13. Gums made from a rubber/sap type base that comes from some kind of tree bark if I am correct o_O

14. [quote name='"Yosh139"']

Did you know the average person ingests a liter of saliva a day? :wave:[/quote]

Yeah which is why chewing gum is so bad, do you think I'm joking? I know somebody that had this happen to them and thats what the doctor told her, stop chewing gum.

Edit I'll admit that she chewed it daily for four years of school, obviously intermittent gum chewing won't give you a stomach ulcer, but kudos to you for disregarding my advice anyways ****

15. I vouch

16. I think it's cow hooves...err maybe that's jello. Gum...jello. same thing.

17. My grandma told me she ate horse once.

18. Who the fuck cares? Gum is the shit and not once in my life have I ever met anyone who got a stomach ulcer from gum.

19. [quote name='"Fuck You Also"']Never once understood chewing gum.

Never even had a phase where i chewed it a lot. lol

Its a stupid, gross, honestly obnoxious habit.

On the same level of stupidity as smoking cigarettes.[/quote]

Please explain how gum is on the same level as inhaling carcinogenic chemicals that not only effect you, but also others around you.