Is this too much?

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by guyverman, Dec 4, 2011.

1. You forgot a screen for the projector. ;)

2. With all that money youre spending, might as well get a better case although the 932 is still good. But what are you using this computer for?

3. I figure a white wall with 100" of diagonal space would be cheaper

Oh, just some web surfing:D

4. [quote name='"guyverman"']

I figure a white wall with 100" of diagonal space would be cheaper

Oh, just some web surfing:D[/quote]

Some fucking virtual tron like web surfing lol

5. But to answer your question, imo that is overkill

6. Ok well what about now, 1500$ added by switching to 240Hz 3D tv = playing games in 3D at 120Hz per eye = no frame stutter.
    Do you think the rig can handle crysis at 240fps?

7. Ive never played crysis or have.owned a pc even close to that, nor do I see the desire for more than 100fps even at 3d, so I cant answer your question in the best way, but I would say you would atleast get 100fps on max with a 590, also youre getting this just to play games in 3d?

8. And surf the web:cool:

9. Mad jelly over here...

10. Why would you get such shitty ram? You went way overboard with eveyrhting else but then pickout 1066 ram? Christ kid.

11. Much worse picture quality though.

Besides, is cost really an issue here? :p

12. I say get one of these cases : this, this or this

And since cost doesn't seem to be a factor, this and this, oh and two of these in SLI.

They might be able to handle your tron like internet surfing, but that's pushing it.

Based solely on prices and nothing else, except the cases.

13. I say get one of these cases : this, this or this

And since cost doesn't seem to be a factor, this and this, oh and two of these in SLI.

They might be able to handle your tron like internet surfing, but that's pushing it.

Based solely on prices and nothing else, except the cases.

14. #15 guyverman, Dec 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2011
    Because it's the only way to use triple channel, and in triple channel you get more bandwidth than 1333, but with way tighter timings.

15. If you getting all that you damn well better go with at least a 65+ inch TV. They are making 80 inch TV's now, you should get one of those.

16. 1080p is 1080p no matter how big you make it, I only have so much space to sit away from a T.V.

17. I have a 1080p 23 inch monitor and I have a 60inch 1080P plasma. I Assure you, they are not the same

18. What makes you say that you cannot run 1333 MHz memory in triple channel configuration?

Also, memory frequency makes a slightly bigger difference than memory timings when trying to maximize performance.

19. The Bloomfield hexa core's memory controller only supports triple channel configuration for 1066

Not when all my storage is SSD, I want efficiency over raw throughput.