Is This Too Much Nitrogen?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by kancha420, Jul 13, 2014.

1. I'm feeding my plants with maxsea all purpose palnt food 16-16-16 and alaska fish fetilizer 5-1-1. Is this too much nitrogen? If it's too much nitrogen will it harm the plants?

2. Is your soil nitrogen deficient? It may end up growing really thick strong stalks but weak buds. or even burning the plants. Have you tried using compost?

Yes I use compost cow manure from local cattle rance pick it up for free. I don't see any nitrogen deficiencies my plants are healthy green and some branches broke about a month ago and it seems brittle.

4. Id try to experiment. If you use cow manure then stop applying the plant and fish food. Your plants should be getting what they need from the cows.

5. Yeah that's what's i'm gonna do. I only used the fish once only 

6. I would use the fish stuff during veg (if needed) and then get something different for flowering. That balanced stuff won't be good for flowering because of the high nitrogen levels.

7. Yep when in flower I switch to the alaska bloom no nitrogen.

8. can we see pics of your plants? Or Maybe do use only manure on one group of plants and the the other fertilizer on the others like some kind of controll group thing. And document your findings for future reference dude. You never know what you'll find.

9. Composted chicken manure is a better sourse of nitrogen. Add some earthworm casting and they will see a boost.

10.  he gets the cow manure for free and if they are grass fed it will have more micronutrients. Most composted cow manure has worms in it if it hasn't been screened.

11. Is the Alaska morbloom good for when its in flowering?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. I'm not worried about not getting enough nitrogen i'm worried that I have too much nitrogen.The cow manure is on top of the soil and I haven't seen much of nute burns. I'll try to get a pic when I get a camera.