is this too much light?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by CheesyPeace, Dec 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have 1000 watt hps and 400 watt mh over a 4x4 foot space. Temperature is anywhere from 80- 87 sit at about 83 usually but sometimes 90. I am trying to get some good growth happening and I have been very impressed the last 8 hours with the 1000 watt hps that has been added to my space. The plants have all grown 1/4 inch in 8 hours after growth was slowed in the last week due to low temps 65-75, because of cold cement walls. But now that the 1000 watter is in there it is nice and toasty.

I have a bathroom fan that i bought at canadian tire for 20 $ blowing directly on the 400 watt mh and the 1000 watt hps bulbs. They are positioned directly inline with each other so that the fan blows over both of them. I also have a osclating fan position on the still setting pointing directly at the plants. I made reflective walls out of a GIGANTIC cardboard box and some reflective mylar. The space is actually only about 2.5x 4 feet because of the rectangle shape of teh box i just cut out mylar pieces that would fit on the inside of the box and ductape them there. So it is really easy to take down the walls because its just a box! WOO HOO inovation! Ok but The temperature is taken at the plant level in direct light. it averages about 83 but jumps to 89-90 sometimes. Is this all good or am i in trouble.

2. Apparently I\'m dumb and therefore can\'t help you.

(...is that sinking in? You publicly insult us and in the same breath as for our help? Dude, you can seriously go sit on a soldering iron for all I care).

(Also, anyone who wasn\'t dumb would know that tempuratures above 85dF are detrimental to plant growth and ~75dF is optimal).

3. u should go buy a couple of more heaters to heat up your room n make sure to over water because u have 1400 watts of lights...o yah one more thing since u r usin 1400W u can increase the ppm to 500 now...LOL try it out n see wut happens n make sure to post some pics too...

iBuDZ

4. Umm, you said it was slowed because of low temps (65-75)? Those are the perfect temps dude. It needs to be around 75 with lights on and around 65 with lights off. Up in the 80s is ok but not good. If you are using co2 then you can get away with higher temps. If you dont have an air cooled hood on those lights that should most definately be your next purchase. With air cooled lights you can get your lights MUCH MUCH closer which we all know is best. The closer the better. You dont want your temps getting above 85. Yes, i know everyone, cannabis will grow in those temps but its not the optimal temp. You want it to be around 75ish. As i said, if your using co2 you can go higher. But your temps of close to 90 are way to high and will slow growth alot. You need to get a good hood so you can get those lights right on your plants. You have no idea how many lumens are lost as you raise that light. And im guessing you have those \"wing\" hoods. Just a piece of metal kinda bent thats open on both ends? Those are only good if you have a few lights and an a/c cooled room. With just 2 lights like you have you want them AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE to your plants. But, you gotta use what youg ot right? You should point that fan a little upwards at the lights so it blows the heat up and away. And get that fan as close as you possible can to the lights. As long as you got some good air movement those high temps will work....they arent good by any means, but it will work.

5. dude you should just pee on them, really just whip it out and piss all over them, as far as the light well how would i know your way smarter than us

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.