Is this the start of an issue?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ChinaRider, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Around 2 weeks ago I started a Chocolope. She has some marks on most of her leaves. They don't seem to be getting any worse than when I first noticed them. She is in organic soil (in a flora plug) and has only been watered with RO (ph 6.2) water. No nutes. I started a Kandy Kush and White Widow a week later and neither has these marks. It does not seem to match any symptoms of a few of the guides I've read. I'm guessing it's normal but thought I would put this up so I could see other opinions.

Attached Files:

2. It's hard to see because of the color, but she needs a bigger pot. She might need nutes, too. If you're using RO water you'll need to supplement with calcium and magnesium if your nutes don't have it. It could be the beginning of a calcium deficiency. Also 6.2 is a bit low for soil. 6.5 is safer. Can you take a pic in regular light?

3. The marks don't really look any different outside of the LED. They are just sort of light green. The current pots are the equivalent of party cups. She will be replanted in a 3 or 5 gallon air pot probably this weekend. Nutes... I was waiting until around the 3rd node to start feeding.... Next watering she will get Technaflora recipe for success at 25%.

4. I couldn't tell the color of the spots -- I thought they might be brown. It could be just some genetic variegation (multiple coloration).

Maybe it's the angle of the picture, but in general, when the leaves reach the rim of the container, that's where the roots are, too. But in an air pot you may have some extra lee way. Looks like she's working on her 4th set of leaves? N deficiency starts with yellowing on the lower leaves, so if you don't have that she's prolly not hungry yet. But I don't think 25% would hurt anything.

It would be interesting to see what the roots look like when you transplant her. I transplanted from a fabric pot and the roots were very dense, in the center of the pot, nothing on the sides.

5. The marks are just a little lighter shade of green then the rest of the leaves.

The leaves are a bit past the rim. I'll be replanting on Saturday... I'll take a picture of the roots if I can. The plants I harvested a month or so ago in air pots had roots that hardly reached the airpot but after brushing off the outside dirt the roots 'ball' was basically the same shape as the air pot and very thick.

Thanks for the help!

6. Attached Files: