is this the right light?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mr Chilled, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Hey guys im a fully noobie grower i got 1 outdoor plant that has gone into flowering and im keen to start another indoor i no that this light aint for flowering but if its good for the first few weeks ill be happy plz all comments/tips are much appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. P.S. cud sumbody plx explain 2 me wot the wrighting means?

3. it's a 12w bulb with a light spectrum of 4000k. it's more towrds the blue end of the spectrum and is ok for veg growth. i'd get something bigger than 12w though, at least 23w with a spectrum of 5000k-6500k for the 1st few weeks. the 1st number on the 2nd line of the bulb is the watts it's drawing. the last number of the 2nd line is the spectrum the light produces.

4. Thanks for the info man. another question is there a light similar to the 1 pictured that i cud use for flowering? and if so cud sum1 post a picture so i can see what ur tawkin bowt nd also leave the spec thanx:)

5. this is 1 of the bulbs i'll be using for flowering.

TCP 68 Watt (300W) SpringLight Soft White 1 Pack (E)* - 28968RP at The Home Depot

the easiest way to determine the spectrum and energy used by the bulb is to check the base, like you did. there are 2 numbers, usually, on the base that you should become familiar with because the packaging the bulb comes in isn't always clear. those 2 numbers will vary according to watts, and the spectrum.....basically any number with a W next to it will be the watts. yours is 12. others would be 16, 23,26,27 ect... the 2nd set of numbers are the spectrum the light produces. those numbers end in K (short for kelvin). those numbers are usually 2700k(soft white), 4000k(old floro bulbs, also called bright white by some manufacturers), 5000k(bright white), and 6500k(daylight). it's usually written on the base of the bulb in numbers somewhere, but not always. if in doubt, buy 1 that DOES have it written on it or the box. manufacturers "descriptions" of the light spectrum are not always the same. a Bright Effects light is described as "bright white" and put off a color if the 3500k range. an EcoSmart bulb labeled "bright white" will be around the 5000k range. i haven't been able to find a pic or manipulate the one you posted so tried to describe it the best i could.

6. Hey thanks alot hollywood420 uve really helped. now the 23 w bulb with the specrtum of 5000-6500k is that a gud bulb for flowering or shud i get something else if so cud you please help me owt? thanx man

7. 2700K for flowering bro.

8. i just got a light with 6700k is that too much for flowering or is there no limit?

9. heres a pic of the new bulb.

Attached Files:

10. dude just read the link with kernels cfl guide.posted above.
    Its has ALL the info you need 100%!
    peace

11. that'll be good for veg.