Is this the best way to get high as fuck?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by deadlockeddd, May 11, 2020.

1. @larrypringle Thank you for your opinion. However, blunts are one of the least effective ways of using cannabis. You use more than in a joint, and drug testing shows LOWER levels of THC in the blood than when smoking joints. :GettingStoned:

Quantification and comparison of marijuana smoking practices: blunts, joints, and pipes. (full – 2011) Quantification and Comparison of Marijuana Smoking Practices: Blunts, Joints, and Pipes

"Participants reported that they placed 50% more marijuana in blunts than in joints and placed more than twice the amount of marijuana in blunts than in pipes."

Comparison of subjective, pharmacokinetic, and physiological effects of marijuana smoked as joints and blunts. (full - 2009) Comparison of subjective, pharmacokinetic, and physiologic effects of marijuana smoked as joints and blunts

"Joints produced greater increases in plasma THC and subjective ratings of marijuana intoxication, strength, and quality compared to blunts,”

Granny

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Naww bro! Edibles all the way for me or a nice blunt.

3. B... but things that feel TOO good are scary! At best, a person should be middlingly complicit with their existence, never more. Less is fine. A little soul-crushing misery is good for everyone. Honestly, a lot is probably better, FOR ME. I mean, I'm miserably at the mercy of self-loathing/cognitive dissonance inertial forces and my life is objectively great! Literally everyone is impressed with how right I am about everything. Why shouldn't other people be just like me? You never know... if we let the good times roll and people start acting for the betterment of themselves and others, on their own accord, NO LESS, something UNFATHOMABLY AMAZING might happen and it could change the world. That shit is scary! How will we control people when they're actually happy? HMPH

Nah but seriously, interesting stuff. And I also agree, nothing wrong with learning about what's in your smoke, or thinking about how you go about it and why. I like to think you can both kick back and just enjoy it, but keep the brainicles frothing the mind milk so you can better understand what you're doing and in turn be given more for your troubles.

4. I always knew smoking with any part of it being plastic was a bad idea but I found a story about a kid who actually died from using a plastic bong too much so now I see it as more than just a bad idea and as "could literally fucking kill you". Now obviously a once in a blue moon gravity bong won't but it's just not a good idea.

They sell glass gravity bongs if you really like em that much. I think a normal bong is better anyway. You can still take big hits if you want and you have more control over your hits. Plus it's more convenient and easier to move around.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. @Toke_til_you_choke I have the case study in my List-

Fatal alveolar haemorrhage following a "bang" of cannabis (abst – 2011)
    [Fatal alveolar haemorrhage following a "bang" of cannabis]. - PubMed - NCBI

The poor kid in this case study screwed up his lungs badly enough to require hospitalization. The partly plastic bong he was using, melted a bit when hot coals hit the plastic, releasing acidic fumes that ate into his lungs. This caused him a lot of trouble breathing (acute dyspnoea). They kept him in a hospital for a while, but then released him when he was breathing normally and seemed OK.

But you can't fix stupid, and the young idiot used his plastic bong again! But this time, when he was hospitalized, it was far worse. He was coughing up blood (haemoptysis) and his red blood cells were breaking down into slush (haemolysis) in his veins. His lungs had been severely damaged by the acids from the plastic and filled with blood. He died in the hospital. He was just 19.

My List is available here-
    https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/the-january-2020-granny-storm-crows-list.1568417/#post-251872

Granny

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Personally I prefer mine on a used speccy brew can with a few holes init... wait shit wrong forum thought this was crackcity... :') jks. just smoke a JOINT dude plastic bottles + heat = not good.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  7. #27 robot_zombie, May 12, 2020
    Last edited: May 12, 2020
    Man... I smoked my share through waterbottles and plastic bongs as a kid. Luckily we all evolved to glass and rolling within several months. The waterbottles were just great as a kid sneaking around because you can always come up with a drink bottle, they are easily discarded and replaced if you go anywhere. A cleaned out ratchet socket for a bowl is easy to conceal and ditch if need be. Something you can always have that'll get you somewhere. Never felt the greatest to smoke out of, TBH. We were dumb as shit back then. 15-16, getting drunk out of waterbottles (man, we really honed-in on those,) smoking our brick weed out of whatever we could rig up, or playing RPS over who gets to fumble awkwardly over a blunt. It becomes a team thing where nobody knows how. Time is short when you're trying not to get caught half of the time, you know? :p

I hated using them. Buddies brother got him a 14"ish plastic bong with those industrial-looking metal bowls. That was an improvement, but I didn't know at the time it had a specific irritation to it. Once it was like "Okay we do this now." everyone had to have at least one glass bowl. I had bubblers mostly. Dugout one-eye became the new stealthy take-around. The dude who's mom was cool with it got a PHX for his room. After using that stuff, you never wanna use a plastic bong again. It feels like the smoke is kinda clenching down on your air sacs.

I've seen worse. The plastic bottle gravs aren't so bad if you're careful. The way I learned to make them was with corks. If you have two corks that'll stuff in tight on top, you're good. You can pull through anything that holds enough weed to fill-up and it will always work (just affects how hard it is to pull,) even a chillum or one hitter works if you can jam it through the cork without splitting it. Metal stem or summit. Whatever won't burn or cash out early. I used a cheapo metal bong stem or a (HEAVILY cleaned and rinsed, unused) ratchet socket with a screen. The cork acts as a heatsink. It slowly heats up without burning, and real cork isn't toxic when it burns. Much better than poking or melting out the cap and letting your hot bowl piece gas the plastic off into your massive lung it.

I liked that back in the day. You could put tubing in a second cork and just swap for the one with the tube once its full. Easier to take it in with a little resistance (still chucks) and it majorly helps not being awkwardly hunching or leaning some way to follow it down. You can even sit back and have someone else drop it. I had a few sets done-up for a different bottle mouths.

If you're gonna MacGyver shit, it's worth it to really think it through and procure the right materials. Just throwing anything together, can be bad. I remember kids that would smoke out of soda cans, which is definitely toxic. I also remember kids saying it gives you alzheimers if the idea even came up lol. I generally still remember things like this, even over a decade later, because I didn't smoke out of soda cans :rolleyes:

I knew one kid who thought he was a genius using a strip of foil with holes in it for the bowl in a waterbottle steam roller... which is a guaranteed way to melt a shitton of plastic.

The lightbulb thing always sketched me out. The coating REALLY isn't good for you (nothing inside of a lightbulb really is...) and no matter how you try to clean it there's no telling what kind of residue you might be vaporizing off of that glass. That is some actual crackhead shit. Not even for hash. I'd sooner have hotknifed that, or jabbed some on a hot sewing needle.

I feel like all stoner kids go through that 'build dumb shit' period. Quite often you're doing things the only way you can, so things that should never exist are invented and left behind once you get 'mobilized' with it all. First I've heard of someone actually dying from something remotely related to that.

It's always glass or paper for me now. I don't even mess with metal. Or the ceramic stuff... though that's because I like whip-style vaporizers with glass stems and glass-encased elements. Really, even if it's built right and there's no risk, it's never as good of an experience. No matter what you're using, really good glass is cheaper than it used to be.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. It's a non-partisan study performed by the French... they're merely reporting statistics... but okay

9. #29 robot_zombie, May 13, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2020
    Haha that's awesome man, it's like what I would have made back then, if I had the stuff and more time lol. It's just such a practical way to do it. Small, durable starter piece, far easier to hold onto than even a spoon. "Just add chamber" to get something that hits a *liiiittle* harder than a spoon. I'd use it if I was out smoking places unexpectedly like that. I think that's part of why I rigged stuff like that back in the day. Pretty much all I did was bum around smoking weed (well, I did have a job that I was always stoned for too:smoke:.) It was like a big, splintered commune of people sharing in the mission of smoking pot and getting into random shit. Never at home - always somewhere with somebody. So having the main part to use as a key just made sense. Stuff like that could be majorly valuable. It might just save the day.

If Florida ever decides to fully be cool I could probably use something like that.

I think the last thing I made was a vase bong. I wanna say roughly 9 or 10 years ago. I saw a cool-ass bong-shaped vase at wal-mart and it just had to be. I thought about it for like a month before I got to drilling it out and getting a glass stem. I stuck a silicone grommet in the hole, something that would take the heat, hide the shitty unpolished edge, and protect the stem. Pretty sketchy starting off wet drilling into rounded glass. I used the smallest size bit and went up. Highly successful. I thought about drilling it out to take a common stem adapter and start throwing on weird stem attachments.

It was the community bong for a while... the one anybody could just pick up and pack (dudeman's bong requires application.) Donated it to the cause after I had my fill of it. People generally liked it. At times there would be several people trying to smoke and even more out in the circle... many packs will need to go around. So we'd double up with the vase (which is what we called it) to get two bongs moving, or splinter off into two circles. So it got some good use bringing all sorts of different groups of people together.

Every time someone first saw it and asked where it came from, we built-up this terrible in-joke of everyone sincerely insisting that it legitimately came from wal-mart. "Wal-mart?!" "Yeah, the bong aisle." "Shut up, man." "Okay... but if you go there you will see them on the shelves, over by the 'floral' section." which wasn't wrong. They had many identical looking vases there. They just hadn't yet been awakened as their true selves. Nobody wanted to take it seriously at first, but there was no denying it was a great bong. People swore there's no way I could make another one like it. So simple, but extremely useful and cheap.

Yeah... it is pretty fun. The main thing to be aware of is where the heat is going. You have to either direct it away or dissipate it before it starts to hit the plastic, cause it'll start gassing off before you see it warp. Hot embers slipping through will probably open up that plastic too. Making it smoke isn't the challenge! It's about if it smokes good, is reasonably safe, and reliable. You never know when you're gonna wake from cryosleep 100 years after the earth got nuked, all of the pieces are scrapped, and every last rolling paper ever pressed has been smoked. Can you find a way to get as high as possible with the ancient weed that you have, without killing yourself? I bet I could do it as soon as I could clean the parts I find off. See... it's practical. PRACTICAL. Even the end of the world is no excuse for being ghetto.

10. Aaaahhh the good ol' Grav Bong. Smoked the shit out of those back in the day.

11. I never smoked out of one of those before but I'll have to give it a try. Also. Your PFP is making me hungry as fuck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. It's a rite of passage, I hate to say it but you have to build yourself one, nothing to it really. Use a slider or a one hitter or chillum for the bowl pack in the bottle. Just do a dry, practice hit so you dont swallow a fuck ton of water like my dumbass did back in the day. Also it was mentioned above, using pastic is a no go but if you just have a sesh or two it's really no biggie. The best topping is another pizza. :smoking:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. If all you got is a gram thats the best way to get high as fuck. Plus everybody has the supplies laying around. So yeah.

14. Wow, making bongs out of water bottles and other plastic...obviously that's suicide. That sucks that poor kid died. I personally would never do that, I value my life lol. I have two silicone bongs, one ceramic and three glass mini bongs. Several glass pipes too. Glass is my first choice but I don't mind silicone...they make some nice pieces with it too.

15. Doesn't seem like the best way to get high lol. But I've never tried gravity bongs.. and I want to.
    But edibles are pretty much the way to go if you wanna get high as fuck. Plus you're not smoking anything so your lungs will thank you!

16. Thicc fattys.

17. Maybe take a small dose edible and after 90 minutes smoke some hash. After 30-45 minutes if your not where you want take another edible and smoke some more!

18. In Australia glass bongs are quite rare. Imagine that. But they are the most uneducated weed country on earth.

Attached Files:

19. Just roll a RAW joint with a roller of my weed. Take at most 3 hits and blast off. It will last a couple hours.
    Or better use a vaporizer with dry herb.
    Or take 60 drops of my tincture (amnesia haze). The tincture will usually peak in 2 hours.