Is this tap water safe to use?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Lakers49, Jul 12, 2016.

1. This a report from my city''s water. My plant has slight N burn and want to flush it. I was wondering if this waterm is safe to use for that

Attached Files:

2. I don't know what any of that stuff means, I've been told if it's safe to drink it should be safe for plants, is there anywhere that says overall ph ?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. If you're in the US and live anywhere other than Flint, Michigan, I'd say go right ahead. You need to check and adjust the pH to the correct range (6.3 to 6.7 for soil grows) before you giving. Extended watering with out of range water will lock up the roots on your plants. The roots are the nerve center or brain of the plant, so you want to keep them wide open and happy so they can carry everything that plant needs to flourish to each leaf. Flushing your plant is only going to wash out the nutrients in your soil. It takes approximately 3 days for something you do to actually show up on the plant and what you're seeing now is from what is over and done. Just water your plants with plain pH'd water the next couple of times and back off the nutes. Beginners sometimes think nutes are the key to growing a big healthy plant with fat buds, but that's not the case. Those things are determined by the strength and quality of the lighting you are flowering under. Weak lighting gets you a weak plant with light and arid buds. Strong, good quality lighting for EACH PLANT creates a big healthy plant and the buds are fat and loaded with resin. Nutes are plain old plant food made to look fancy. You need to read up on the MJ plant and learn what it needs at which stage in it's life. That way you'll understand more what nutes are and what you need to use. If your soil is of any quality at all and even if you're using box store soil, it has nutrients already in it for the plant and they don't need any more at all until they've grown enough to use up what they had to start with. Those soils are a bit hot to a young new plant and will often burn it a little and shock it and it'll slow it down a little bit, but these plants are very hardy and if you'll just leave it alone, it will recover and do fine. You need to amend store bought soils with perlite at about a 60/40 mix soil/perlite. The big deal with these things is that they don't like moisture around their roots all the time and you need to grow them in a soil that is very light and arid...thus all the perlite. True grow soils come with it already like that plus other things specially put together for the good of the plant. Store soils are designed to grow veggies and flowers and such where you want a soil that will hold water. Not having good drainage can get you root rot. Go to the forums page and down at the bottom, go into the "beginner growers" thread. There are several posts at the top of the page called "sticky's" that contain the basic information the new grower needs to know when starting out. You have to have a grow setup but you also have to know how to tend the plant to keep it alive...one is no good without the other. Best of luck. TWW

4. Can you show us the rest of the analysis? Nothing is relevant so far on that list. The pH, and ppm are the main ones. If the ppm is exceptionally high (above 250) then it's worth looking at what is making it that high, but if its below that, and it's drinkable, it will be fine

5. Yeah that's it for the analysis. Luckily my buddy has a PH kit that he's dropping off. I stopped feeding and just using some distilled water for now. The claw is getting better and I have yet to test the PH. I'm just bummed that some of the leaves are damaged :/

• Like Like x 1
  6. 20160714_063015.jpg This is my first grow but here's what she looks like.

• Like Like x 2
  7. i got a whole house water filter and use 5 micron carbon filter cartridges. the assembly was around 25$ and every 3 months it takes a 6 dollar filter. i live in a city but when time comes to change it you can see all the rust and sediment its collected. people say to let water sit so the chlorine evaporates but the carbon removes it. id recommend getting one

8. Hey dedicated, I like the filter idea so I can rest assured all chlorine is removed. But doesn't the britta filter ect remove goodness from the water too?

If I run water through a filter once would the water keep some of the nutrients but remove all chlorine?

9. That looks really healthy mate, keep doing what you're doing

10. I can't see any damage in the photo, what does the damage look like?

11. Something is acting up and won't let me upload a picture, but you can kind of see it in the middle of the plant. All the way to the right the nute burn around the leaves. It spread a bit more since taking the picture. I didn't go crazy with feeding either but I've just been flusing with distilled water for the past couple days. I used organic soil and organic nutrients. A couple 200w lights and I started the grow in the pot you see in the picture as I was too scared to do a transplant lol. Overall this grow has been half assed since the beginning. I have never checked PH or anything like that. I'm about 6 weeks into the grow but the first 3 were terrible as the plant stretched out. I had 4 15w bulbs about 5 ft from the plant lol. I managed to save her and she got nice and bushy after getting the 2 bulbs you see pictured. I'll probably let her veg until she gets about 3-4ft tall. The strain is green crack. I'm hoping my friend can drop off his supplies soon so I can start checking pH etc.

12. Worst case scenario I take a clone and start over

13. Alright got the nuts burn taken care of! :) now I have some gnats flying around :(. I got some sticky strips to hang around. Also will adding perlite on top of wet soil be a good idea? Or should I wait until it dries out to help with the gnats?

14. That picture of your plant looks pretty dope. Good job on your grow and photography skills

15. One drop per 2 litres of water and water in as normal will completely eradicate all of the fungus gnats. It's non toxic so you can't over dose but I found only one application is needed per grow

[​IMG]