Is this sufficient?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by nick7362, Feb 19, 2010.

1. #1 nick7362, Feb 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2010
    I plan to get some Durban Poison seeds from a reliable dealer and do a home grow. I saw a few DP grows that used hydroponics with grow blocks n rock wool. I plan to get 3 Veg CFL Bulbs and 3 Flower CFL bulbs. Ill also get mylar to line the outside and a fan to cool over them. Anyone have any advice on how to set up a hydroponics in a relatively simple manner? How often (average, for the whole life of the plant. I realize that water amounts vary depending on what stage of growth the plant is in.) should plants be manually watered(without hydro)? And also, does anyone know any particularly good nutrients or a good formula for a nice nute mixture?

Also

-3 veg CFL
    -3 flower CFL
    -Mylar
    -Fan
    -A walk-in closet
    -Hydroponics(or manual watering depending on what i learn from the replies)
    -Nutrients
    -Miracle Gro(not sure if nutes will be necessary with this? If growing in Miracle Gro is a bad idea, what is an alternate soil?)

Is this sufficient equipment for a grow of about 6 plants? if not, how many plants could this efficiently support? Would i need special ventilation installed for 6 plants in a walk-in closet?

Thanks in advance. I will be glad to post my grow journal once i get started

EDIT: forgot to mention I will be using miracle grow as soil.

2. How many watts are the CFL's? you should aim for around 100 watts per plant. as for soil i am a new grower and using MG. I compared my plants to others and my plants suck. It could be the soil or it could be me. Im pretty sure its the soil though, from what i have been reading around this site is Fox Farms is the way to go. I just picked up Fox Farms Ocean Forest and will be restarting a whole new grow once my seeds germ.

3. sweet. thanks. anyone else got info on the other questions?

4. sorry to keep bumbin. but i would like some help sooner, rather than later.

5. 100 watts per plant. 6 plants under 100 watts of CFL's each is inefficient - go with HID. How big is your closet? 6 plants may be unrealistic.

"Simple" and "Hydro" don't usually go hand in hand. Consider a soil grow for your first run. Take a look through the grow journals. Look for a grower with a proven track record whose style, environment, and budget are similar to yours and duplicate their setup exactly (Rumple's bubble bucket thread comes to mind). Good luck!

6. rumble bubble bucket thread. good referral. thanks man.

7. #8 chiefton8, Feb 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2010
    For starters, it's rather confusing when you're talking about using Miracle Grow soil but at the same time doing hydroponics...so which is it? Soil or hydro?

Nevertheless, some suggestions:

Buy an HID. By the time you're done buying all those CFL's and light fixtures to house them, you're well on your way to an HID setup. The benefits you'll get from an HID will outweigh the little extra costs, many fold.

Try reading through my grow guide (linked in my sig) for more information that might help you out deciding what's best given your setup and goals. While it's certainly easy to make a thread asking for all the answers delivered to your doorstep, doing research on your own will help TREMENDOUSLY! By finding as many sources as you can (my grow guide, stickies in this forum, grow books, etc.), you'll know exactly what's good, what's bad, and what's questionable.

Good luck.

8. yeah iv looked at a few various grows and yes, i guess i am a bit confused on hydro or soil. and by the way, are those aquaglobes u see on tv good for anything in growing? do they actually work?

btw thanks for being so polite about it. alot of people would just yell at me to check other thread.