Is this stupid???

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by kannesss, Aug 2, 2012.

1. M about to go buy one of those old gameboys from like 1998. I miss throwing down hardcore on those fucking pokemon games and super Mario. I seriously can't wait, but it's only 20 bucks for games and everything so it's a good deal. Just wondering if this is stupid? Just wanna get baked and re live my childhood a bit, plus I have one of the gameboy cameras from back when I had my gameboy, and it has tons of old pics I haven't seen in 10 years.

I'm stoked. If you think it's a good idea, list some of the best games for me to try.
    Thanks all

2. You should vizzed.com they have just about every game boy game ever free to play online. All you have to do is download a plugin and probably create an account but it's all free and they have just about every retro game

3. Get an emulator.

4. [quote name='"KiefCoveredLips"']Get an emulator.[/quote]

Yep, you can get nes, snes, n64, ps1 and pretty much any console before those including handhelds. And there's a wii one

5. I need to get Super Mario Smash Bros for N64

6. picked up my gameboy (not even colour) the other day and had to laugh - everything was so crappy lol - EXCEPT super wario land (im dead serious about that... sick game)

7. yeah you can get emulators and play them right on your phone

8. I've had the emulators but I just wanted the real thing. The full experience ya know?
    I got a sp, just cause I hate the fact that the others don't have backlighting.

I got the Marios and wario and zelda. It's pretty awesome really. It's really fun to play baked cause it's so simple and just fun.
    If you have 30 bucks to waste for memories sake, I'd suggest doing it.

Wario is the shit. For real. Badass game.

9. [quote name='"stargazersensi"']You should vizzed.com they have just about every game boy game ever free to play online. All you have to do is download a plugin and probably create an account but it's all free and they have just about every retro game[/quote]

Props to you. I tried it out. Awesome site for real. Not as good as holding it but as close as possible fo free

10. emulators are not the same as the real thing :)

11. [quote name='"RavenousDank"']emulators are not the same as the real thing :)[/quote]

Well...yeah they are. And they're often better

12. you can get gamecube, and ps2 aswell, not sure about xbox, never checked.

nah, they are definitely not better. Unless you have a 360 controller to help with the controls, they are in fact never better lmao.

13. [quote name='"NowIsB"']

you can get gamecube, and ps2 aswell, not sure about xbox, never checked.

nah, they are definitely not better. Unless you have a 360 controller to help with the controls, they are in fact never better lmao.[/quote]

Enjoying Nintendo64 games in 1080p on my 40 inch tv and a wireless Xbox controller is, in fact, better

I probably shouldn't say that, it's just my preference. But uh...I see zero downside to doing it my way. I still have a fuckload of cartridges, point is this is easier and looks better.

14. pretty sure you can hook all systems up to a 1080p tv, nothin special you are doing there.

15. It's the nostalgia.

emulators are convenient, but it's not the same.

16. I like my gameboy as a handheld still. It would just make it pointless for me personally. I see how emulators would be easier, as they are free and can have every game, but Its just I want to be able to play this when Im riding around with friends, or bored in a store. i cant take my emulator stuff every where, plus people will be like wtf are you doing with that old gameboy?
    my answer you ask?

"being tha shit, bitch"

17. [quote name='"NowIsB"']

pretty sure you can hook all systems up to a 1080p tv, nothin special you are doing there.[/quote]

Ohhh god, yes you can connect it to the tv but nothing is being outputted jn hd. It's like DVD vs Blu Ray

18. I've been going through that same thing recently and I've been going back and buying all the games I grew up with and I gotta say it when it comes down to it you're better off actually buying it than just using an emulator. Its fun trying to see a screen that doesn't have a back light lol.

19. Gameboy color + pokemon yellow