is this start up kit worth it?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by eyegrow, Apr 22, 2009.

1. I saw this before, no one has chimed in, IDK ...:confused:

IMO id skip the "grow kit" and research what kind of system you really feel would suit you best and possibly gather information from GC to really make your entire grow experience worth it. :smoking:

Don't get sold on a "good deal" when you aren't what sure what your looking for, unless this is your ideal system. Its always sounds advice to know what your buying and buy all of your equipment and necessities to your exact needs. :p

So i guess my question is...is this what you need? :eek:

2. I agree with Fader. Make a shopping list by watching what happens here. Look at different set-ups and find one or a few that are adaptable to your own space and budget. Also, buying gear seperately makes it easier to return if you decide later that you don't need it...unlike a "kit". There are many variables to this...each must first be respected and researched independently, and then collectively to achieve success. HTG could not possibly know all the variables involved in YOUR potential grow, so how could they preselect the proper kit for you in the first place? Rubbish!

3. Id say thats a good kit, but i actually just purchased the dirty dozen kit: High Tech Garden Supply

It has pretty much everything you could ask for, and many of the products included in the kit such as the soil and nutes are used by many on here. Only difference with the kit I ordered is that I upgraded the 400w to a 600w. even though its a 100 bucks or so more than the one you chose i think it covers the basics