Is this sprout okay?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by HeavensWings, Nov 23, 2012.

1. This is my first grow, I think I had the rock-wool far too wet, not letting any oxygen get to the root. I've squeezed the excess water anyway so it's just moist and not soaking. I'm afraid the damage may already be done though as the sprout does not look so healthy? Will it recover?

It's only 3 days old and still has a bit of the seed stuck to the top.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. After putting it under a 125w cfl for a few hours, it seems to have perked up a lot and the seed casing stuck on the end leaf is peeling away revealing nice lush green. The bend in the stem has also sorted itself out and is now pointing straight up (towards the light). Poor thing must have just needed a little sun :D

P.S this is a Rhino's pineapple chunk (£12 a pop, so you can see why I was concerned for a single sprout)

3. Yeah once it sprouts it needs light asap.I bet you if you look at it again I bet the color if the sprout is turning green.I am sure you know already but don't mess with the seed casting,it should fall off by itself.

4. Yeah it is turning greener every couple of hours I check up on it :)
    It's even started to grow it's next set of leaves :D

5. Just have patience. There is absolutely nothing you or us can do at this point. Is all on her. Just like the blade mention, give her light and don't feed nothing, beside drops of water.

Good Luck and Happy Growing

ZS