Is this SPIDER MITES??

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Cl8tonBigsby, Mar 26, 2012.

1. ok im growing in organic soil. my room stays 78-85 degrees. I have two autoflowers 50 days old that have no signs of these dots. My skunk and Jack herer have these on the leaves. they have been vegging for 8 weeks and look completely healthy accept for these little spots i just found today. Are they spider mites!!!??? Im freaking out right now!! btw its only on the TOP of the leaves. i see nothing on the bottom.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. [quote name='"Cl8tonBigsby"']ok im growing in organic soil. my room stays 78-85 degrees. I have two autoflowers 50 days old that have no signs of these dots. My skunk and Jack herer have these on the leaves. they have been vegging for 8 weeks and look completely healthy accept for these little spots i just found today. Are they spider mites!!!??? Im freaking out right now!! btw its only on the TOP of the leaves. i see nothing on the bottom.

[/quote]

Could be thrips

3. yes, it does kinda look like the start of spider mites, it's hard to tell exactly. They like warmth and will be at the top of the plant when lights are on.

do you have a scope? or magnifying glass? turn the leaf over and watch for any movement.

Also it is possible to see with the naked eye, when the lights are on you can see them crawling around at the top of the plant, especially if there are lots of them

4. Look like trichomes get mag glass to confirm