Is this something I should be concerned about?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Genesis, Aug 23, 2008.

1. #1 Genesis, Aug 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2008
    Well I'm currently doing my 2nd NL grow and I'd like to know what could be causing this yellowness on the sides of a few leaves.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What type of medium; soil or hydro? Soil
    What brand and type of soil? Fox Farm Ocean Forest
    Indoors or outdoors? Indoor
    What strain? Northern Lights
    How old are the plants? Day 23
    What type of lights and how many watts? Currently under CFL's. Under about 175 watts.
    How far from the lights? A few inches.
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? Currently not using fertilizer.
    What is the medium/runoff pH? I need to check this.
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? 80ish Fahrenheit. No clue on the humidity.
    What size pots? 1 foot diameter I believe.
    Any bugs? Look real close. I saw 1 or 2 very small flying type bugs. Not sure if I should be concerned about it.
    Any other pertinent info? They're being watered with tap water which has a pretty high PH. Might be the cause.
    [​IMG]

2. I would definitely check the pH because 75% of the time that is the base cause of many problems. Also think about transplanting to a 3 or 5 gallon pot so she can grow big.

Good luck

3. Thanks for the suggestion! I'll definitely check/adjust the pH the next time I water them. Also I'd get bigger pots but i'm using a 2x2x5 cabinet so i'm pretty restricted on space. Another friend said it looks like a nitrogen or mag deficiency and if that's the case than it should be fixed soon when they start flowering. :smoke: