Is this soil mix enough to keep my plants alive ?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by jaykewashere, Mar 26, 2012.

1. My mix is about 1 teaspoon of bone + blood meal , 1 teaspoon of lime 1 cup of aged cow manure per gallon of pro mix , I was wondering if this is enough to keep things alive without deficiencies

2. Missing minerals big time. Your plants will grow, but will have issues I would imagine.

Kelp meal, crab meal, rock powders (not rock fertilizers) would be some good additions. And of course, ewc's.

What ever you do, once you mix it up, wet it down and let sit for 2-4 weeks.

3. [quote name='"WeeDroid"']Missing minerals big time. Your plants will grow, but will have issues I would imagine.

Kelp meal, crab meal, rock powders (not rock fertilizers) would be some good additions. And of course, ewc's.

What ever you do, once you mix it up, wet it down and let sit for 2-4 weeks.[/quote]

How come let sit for 2-4 weeks ?

4. The microbes in the soil take some time to cycle the nutrients. Also, many of them are dormant and need to be woken up. A lot of the nutrient processing that occurs can only happen when the entire mixture is moist. This aids microorganism movement and shuttling of nutrients to the roots.

When a soil is too hot, as I understand it, it means the soil microbes have not had enough time to cycle the soil nutrients and they burn the root tips.

The book Teaming With Microbes explains this all very nicely.

5. [quote name='"WeeDroid"']The microbes in the soil take some time to cycle the nutrients. Also, many of them are dormant and need to be woken up. A lot of the nutrient processing that occurs can only happen when the entire mixture is moist. This aids microorganism movement and shuttling of nutrients to the roots.

When a soil is too hot, as I understand it, it means the soil microbes have not had enough time to cycle the soil nutrients and they burn the root tips.

The book Teaming With Microbes explains this all very nicely.[/quote]

Thanks man your awesome , right now I'm putting about 2 cups of manure in a bucket of water and letting the airstone sit in it for about 24+ hours . Am I doing anything to help the microbes by doing this ?