Is this safe?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by btstout12, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Is it okay if i cut off the two big leafs on the left and right side of my plant? They are blocking light and holding back new growth.[​IMG]

Sent from my VS985 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. What strain and photo or auto

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

3. I'd say it's definitely safe. I'd do it. Especially if it's slowing down growth.
    I'm new and also on my first grow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

4. Thank you btw

5. No problem :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

6. I'd actually say no point at doing it at that age and how big it is, thy are the plants solar panels so to speak... but that's what I was told

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hmmmmm, you are a pretty reputable source. But i have a 300w mars to grow it with so it should have enough light if i take them off right?

8. Those 2 leaves are half of your canopy...the bigger your canopy the more light they can absorb...i wouldn't yet either I would think it would slow the growth

First grow

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ok i'll leave them on. Thank you for your input.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yeah when you start getting more nodes that are blocked by the leaves you could, I gave mine a little trim but it's bushy as fuck and now I just try and tuck the leaves behind...lots of people say different things but I just don't see any point of doing it just yet man

• Like Like x 2
  11. I did the exact same...I'm super selective about it. I'd never take any off the outside of the plant just the middle of the canopy that way your canopy stays the same size

First grow

• Like Like x 2
  12. Personally I would remove at least the two lowest leaves to get them off the soil. Makes it easier to water as well.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. I'll do that thank you.