Is This Safe?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Seth420, May 24, 2013.

1. So I made a homemade lightbulb vape and when I was clearing out the insides I accidentally broke a hole in the lightbulb. Would it be safe if I taped up the hole with duct tape then proceeded to smoke with it or would it be dangerous

2. Can't say I've made one of these before but having looked at the designs briefly on google images, if the duct tape was quite thick and the hole was on the opposite side to the heat source it would probably be ok.

Although generally mixing plastics/polymers and heat is not a good thing, especially if you intend to inhale the vapours of bud and tape. Have you got some caulk or maybe even roofing silicon? They are probably more heat resistant than the tape or the glue on it.

3. Dude, smoking out of a light bulb is a no-no in the first place, but using duct tape?       [​IMG]

4. Not gonna get into how bad smoking out of a lightbulb is bad for you in the first place that's another time. Anyways just make a new one. The glass is now very weakend and tape on one side alone won't be strong enough.

5. whats the problem with a clean light bulb vape? not questioning your knowledge, just curious

6. Alright. Thanks guys