Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

IS this safe?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by overdosee, Feb 19, 2013.

1. okay i want to make a gravity bong for tonight but dont ahve any stems or bowls.

im going to use a water bottle and would it be okay to like cut the circle on top of the cap and replace it with foil and push it down a bit to make a bowl with bud and just twist it back onto the bottle and light it?

or is it dangerous ?

2. Nah that's fine just make sure the flame doesn't hit plastic or you'll inhale some nasty chemicals

3. Dangerous? Maybe. Stupid? Definitely.

4. no you're gonna die.

5. The plastic is still going to melt, I wouldn't trust smoking out of a piece like that.

6. Just re-read ops post you're right I stuffed up haha

7. Uuuuhh that's going to be a hassle and the flame is going to be reaallll close to the plastic. If possible, go find a wrench bit.

8. Don't even use a cap. Just make a deep aluminum bowl and only light the middle.

9. It is possible if you use enough foil to diffuse the heat to keep the plastic from heating up, which will also require that you space out your hits so it can cool. Be safe, man. Weed really isn't worth risking the consumption of toxic fumes.

10. I used to only do that, the flame never touched plastic. Then I actually checked inside and out and realized the plastic melted anyway. Don't do it, it's not worth it. Coming from experience, and not what I've heard, don't do it.

11. #11 Verdurous, Feb 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2013
    Why not use an apple, op? :confused:

You have to keep the plastic from heating at all with the foil, not just keep the flame away from the plastic. If you take too many hits in a row, it won't matter how much foil you use, you're going to melt the plastic, so you also have to let it cool down between hits.

12. I would personally stay away from anything plastic or tin-foily.