Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is this safe to smoke out of?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by swich, Jan 22, 2009.

1. So, i took a trip to my local arts and crafts store today, and got 3 different containers for holding bud...i already got 2 glass containers and a box...but i dunno...for sum reason i just like having different containers to stash bud...so today i got 3 more. a glass and 2 plastic.
    here they all are so u can see...

[​IMG]

so anyways...i was browsing and then remembered i needed a bowl..so i just started looking around for sumthing i could use...i wanted sumthing glass but nothing i saw would work that was glass...but i did run upon one of those cake decorative tips depicted below:

[​IMG]

so my question is, is it safe to smoke from this? on the back it says its non-rust, nickle-plated brass. safe or not safe? thanks in advance.

oh and heres what i wanna enjoy in this bowl(mids):

[​IMG]

....in this contraption i made:
    [​IMG]

2. I use a the same kind of cake thing that you use for a bowl, but honestly I don't know if it kills brain cells or if its dangerous to use

3. It should be safe to use man, try it out and let us know.

The thing you should be worried about is the adhesive you used to secure the bowl to ur homemade piece man. There's lots of stories about bad trips on GC because of the adhesive they used in homemade pieces.

Be Safe

Peace.

4. that metal is going to heat up which is going to heat up the glue around it... good chance of inhaling some bad fumes after that happens.

5. I would defiantly be more concerned about the glue or w/e you used to keep that bowl on. I used to make bongs for myself a lot cuz I'm a broke ass college student, and the hardest part was always getting the bowl to stay put. If you can find an apoxie that would probably work best. Ultimately you're probably better off going to the local head shop and picking up a cheap acrylic bong for like $10-$15, looking back that would have been better then smoking through all that foil and the hassle of making a piece plus the durability and there is water. Hindsight is 20/20.

6. This is true.
    Btw, love you're sig. haha

Oh and uhh you're contraption is the shizz my friend. :D
    positive rep for you!

fyi, i could not find the plus button on my damn keyboard.:(