is this russia farce finally dead??

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jman42028, Aug 3, 2017.

1. I sure as hell don't care about his taxes, his dealings with women, possible cons he pulled, or the so called russian meddling which influenced nobody.

I care about results, the stock market is up, my family business is doing great, the EU is probably going to make a trade agreement, I could go on and on but the things that actually matter don't matter at all with liberals these days.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. LOL, The Washington Post, what a joke :laughing:

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. You know that's an editorial, right?

• Like Like x 2
  4. An editorial that quotes a former FBI agent;

Clint Watts, a former FBI agent, writes in his recent book, “Messing with the Enemy,” that “Russia absolutely influenced the U.S. presidential election,” especially in Michigan and Wisconsin, where Trump’s winning margin was less than 1 percent in each state.

The ads didn't need to be highly effective either:
    It took exposing 4.4 million people to Russian propaganda meant to help elect Donald Trump for Trump to eek out 78,000 votes from three swing states to win.

:smoke:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Maybe even a friend of the slime-ball FBI agents that have already been fired?

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Likely not.
    The seeds of distrust have been planted deep.

:smoke:

7. The effort to impeach Rod Rosenstein, brought to you by Sean Hannity, Jeanine Pirro, and Lou Dobbs

Meadows and Nunes laid the groundwork to impeach Rosenstein on Fox months ago, and Hannity, Pirro, and Dobbs have driven the message ever since

A group of House Republicans introduced articles of impeachment in an attempt to remove Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who is responsible for overseeing special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election. The impeachment proceedings come after Reps. Mark Meadows (R-NC) and Devin Nunes (R-CA) and attorney Joe DiGenova, whom President Donald Trump almost hired, introduced the idea on Fox News in late March and early April. Since then, Fox hosts Sean Hannity, Jeanine Pirro, and Lou Dobbs have consistently pushed for Rosenstein’s removal, regularly hosting members of Congress and pundits to sound off and advocate for impeachment proceedings to begin.

(tons more at link for anyone with insomnia this should put you to sleep fast)

The effort to impeach Rod Rosenstein, brought to you by Sean Hannity, Jeanine Pirro, and Lou Dobbs

8. Donald Trump Promised Dirt On Clinton 2 Days Before Trump Tower Meeting
    He touted special speech that didn’t happen after Trump Tower meeting was a bust.

Candidate Donald Trump vowed to expose dirt on his political opponents Bill and Hillary Clinton just two days before the controversial 2016 Trump Tower meeting that his former lawyer Michael Cohen insisted Trump knew about.

Trump never delivered on his promise after his eldest son Donald Trump Jr., son-in-law Jared Kushner and then campaign manager Paul Manafort met with attorney Natalia Veselnitskaya in 2016. The men expected to be presented with damaging information about Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton, but the attorney failed to deliver, Donald Trump Jr. told Senate investigators.

His father’s promised speech on the Clintons then sank without a trace.

More and video of his campaign promise at link.............

Donald Trump Promised Dirt On Clinton 2 Days Before Trump Tower Meeting

• Like Like x 1
  9. Are there many who don't like Trump who think he is innocent of collusion, and many who like Trump who think he is guilty?

Or does the verdict in this tend to follow whether or not one likes Trump?

10. You have a problem with this?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. You want a verdict on Trump? Yeah, you and half the U.S. population. You're gonna need to wait for the impeachment proceedings. And if that doesn't happen you might have another 4 years of waiting. Or not. Standby for further stupidity...

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Not the legal verdict - the opinion about it. One part seems very certain that he's innocent, and one part seems very certain that he's guilty.

13. I'm not a big fan of the man. I dont like his trade policy, his foreign policy, I'm not a big fan of the wall although I do want to see less people coming in but that's a welfare issue. I dont like his love affair with the military and all the generals that surrounded him. I dont like his protectionist mentality disguised as patriotism and his fear of the division of labour on a global scale.... but I dont think he is guilty of collusion. The meddling that Russia did was basically a joke. The money spent was minuscule and the effects were even less, at least not until Trump actually won. If Hillary squeaked this win out do you think Russian meddling would be in the news? Or would it just be chalked up as what normally happens? I'm under the impression that this happens every election (china actually spent more), what is different this year is the voters didn't go with the script.... Hillary was supposed to win, the establishment is threatened and it's time to pull out all the stops. Russians, racist, fascist, whatever will stick.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. My take is both sides his apologist/defenders & his condemning/foes are simple acting out their own concepts... the supporters (based looking through the lenses of my own concepts) tend to be more concerned with their own script (lifestyle) and how they see him defending it... in a word, "egotistical" which includes defending their concept of believing a lot of deep state propaganda as taught in schools... a general hubris if you will that the USA is totally beneficent democracy (ok dammit republic for those who would chime in to the contrary).. lol

Others (those who can step back and see the big picture here or global have at least a sense of "altruism" for lack of a better word... they are willing to look at the whole of society not only here in the US but the world and acknowledge what is good for "the whole"... even if they may have to chip in a few bucks or somehow alter their habits in order to contribute to the good of the whole...

So to answer your question, in general it depends on which nature a person has whether or not they will support someone as crude rude uncouth and unstable as DT or resist by pointing out all the reasons he is NOT an advocate for the good of the whole, let alone those who support him. The supporters don't care if he is lying as long as he defends their own self interests... sadly it doesn't occur to them that these lies may be signals to reexamine these interests.

• Like Like x 1
  15. And as is usually the case in matters of this nature, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I can't stand him and really don't give a rats ass if he is guilty. The US government does it every day but now it's a problem. He is far better than Killary though and the butt hurt from the sjw crowd makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Every time I see some members with a sever case of TDS it makes me smile.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. After being let down over and over again by the republicans for years I had enough, my vote for Trump was actually more of a bitch slap to all the other Republicans that let me down for years rather than Democrats. If Trump had a meeting with all the Republicans, lined them all up one by one, and whipped them with a chain I would be very happy.

18. #1818 statseeker, Jul 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
    Seeing Donald Trump as president reminds me how far we've fallen. Once upon a time those from the "Greatest Generation" fought extraordinarily hard to make the United States the super power it is. Not just through war but through peaceful economic prosperity and part of the reason we have the lifestyle we do at this moment is because we allowed factory work to leave the US and we transitioned. You would not have the innovation we have right now without globalism and sharing of knowledge and ideas, and, to an extent, money and defense. Lots of attempts to destabilize the world order have failed and I'm afraid Trump's election basically has ensured we can't succeed in snuffing out areas of unrest. Representative democracy (any elected representative government) has proven to be the most free political system on earth among those who live by it strictly. The problem is corruption is easy in a materialistic world. The road to get to freedom is paved with bones and blood. We've interfered in politics world wide, not just in our own interest, but in the interest of those peoples who we could help. Things haven't always worked out, but it's a messy process. Demolishing NATO basically ensures that any country on the fence about becoming a dictatorship becomes one. Any country who wants to expand its influence to the detriment of others won't be obstructed. It's asking to go back to the 1920s. For what? To feel good for a couple of cycles and then be voted out? Which he will be. The damage will be hard to recover from. Who's gonna work for the next 4 years in a cabinet that's consolidated around one strongman? No economic, military, or government advisor worth their salt is going to work with him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. No, no, no, no, no NO! You've got that ALL wrong. This so-called "globalism" and "sharing of knowledge" has for the last 50 years been basically a 1-way street, with tons of stolen technology and a never-ending stream of more and more foreign aid flowing OUT of the U.S. with little thanks or even anything at all in return.

Why can't we all just get along and share? Listen snowflake, the U.S. has what everybody else wants. And they are trying to get it by hook or crook, at the cheapest rate possible, preferably FREE, like they've been getting for decades. The international U.S.-sponsored gravy train has reached the station, and it's the end of the line.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. You can't think that protectionism and settling trade imbalances by giving farmers free money is a winning recipe. They don't want to store their soybeans, the selfish little tractor imps. They want to sell them, for money, to China. What's wrong with that?

• Agree Agree x 1