is this russia farce finally dead??

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jman42028, Aug 3, 2017.

1. So he was lyin' when he said all that dumb shyt in Helsinki?

2. No. The lies started 24 hrs later when he started to walk back what he said. It's not the first time that it's happened. That's the lyin king's MO. Had he not gotten pressure from congress for being a treasonous moron, he never would have even read the prepared statement that he did. But he never lies. Right?

3. He said....More "fake news"...lol

4. I misinterpreted what he meant and edited my post. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. I need Money!

6. I dont get paid enough

7. #1787 svedka, Jul 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    From The Hill... and we all remember how he said he would release them when the audit was completed... and IRS said releasing them during an ongoing audit not a problem.... who you gonna believe?

Putin summit puts spotlight back on Trump's tax returns

Donald Trump's tax returns are back in the spotlight after his private one-on-one meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin.
    Trump’s comments during a joint press conference with Putin on Monday alarmed lawmakers, leading some to wonder about the president’s possible financial ties to Russia.

Democrats have since stepped up their calls to have Congress request Trump’s tax returns from the Treasury Department in order to learn more about the president’s finances.

“I think we have a cloud that hangs over this whole administration at this moment in time,” said Sen. Mark Warner (Va.), the top Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee.

Trump broke with tradition when he became the first major-party presidential candidate in decades to refuse to release his tax returns, citing an ongoing IRS audit, even though the IRS has said audits do not prevent people from releasing their own tax information.

Lawyers for Trump said in a March 2017 letter that “with a few exceptions,” Trump’s tax returns from the previous 10 years didn’t reflect income from Russian sources, debt owed to Russian lenders or investments in Russian entities. As president-elect, Trump said at a press conference in January 2017 that he doesn't think voters care about his tax returns.

In the early months of his presidency, Democrats tried unsuccessfully several times to get him to release the returns or to have Congress request them.

Under federal law, the chairmen of the House Ways and Means Committee, Senate Finance Committee and Joint Committee on Taxation can request tax returns from the Treasury Department and then view the documents in a closed session.

Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.), who said Trump’s behavior around Putin couldn’t be more humiliating than if the president “had been dragged out on a leash and done pet tricks,” said viewing Trump’s tax returns could help lawmakers understand the president’s behavior.

More at link
    Putin summit puts spotlight back on Trump's tax returns

8. If I'm not mistaken Trump's tax returns were turned in and investigated before he became president. He just decided not to release them publicly. That is a huge difference and a losing argument. He has been audited multiple times. Believe me if their was a link between him and Russia that was damaging it would be out long ago.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. You may be mistaken... at least i have not heard of the taxes being "turned in" however Mueller may have them with or without a subpoena.

10. You are mistaken.

:smoke:

11. Diaper Donnie & his zig zags, don't see how the tRUMPconned can keep up with this so called "POTUS" hand picked by God... btw, if God picked DT he picked Hitler too... let that soak in...
    Also that word "meddling" the press is using that term on purpose... a cyber attack is a cyber attack, cyber WAR is cyber WAR... they need to drop that word "meddling"... reminds me of some old grannie in a rocking chair crocheting type of action... meddling... lmao
    -----

‘A Big Hoax!’: After Week Of Walkbacks, Trump Returns To Doubting Russia Meddling

WASHINGTON (AP) — Capping a week of drama, back tracking, a double negative and blistering statements from allies about his attitude toward Russian election interference, President Donald Trump on Sunday was back to referring to “a big hoax.”

Trump spent days trying to reassure the country that he accepts that the longtime foe interfered in the 2016 election after his public undermining of U.S. intelligence agencies in Helsinki while standing alongside Russian President Vladimir Putin. But Trump cast doubt once again in a Sunday tweet, diminishing at least the significance, if not the existence, of the interference and the U.S. investigation into Russia’s actions.

“So President Obama knew about Russia before the Election,” Trump tweeted. “Why didn’t he do something about it? Why didn’t he tell our campaign? Because it is all a big hoax, that’s why, and he thought Crooked Hillary was going to win!!!”

It was not immediately clear whether Trump was suggesting that the entire notion of Russian interference — U.S. intelligence agencies unanimously concur it took place and Trump reluctantly accepted their assessment amid the firestorm — was fraudulent, or just the investigation of potential collusion by Trump associates with Russian agents.

Either way, it appeared to keep alive a controversy that had separated Trump from aides and longtime political supporters and brought some of the most striking rebukes of his tenure in the Oval Office.

“The evidence is overwhelming and the president needs to say that and act like it,” said Republican Rep. Trey Gowdy, the chairman of the House Oversight Committee, in an interview with “Fox News Sunday” aired hours before Trump’s tweet.

Two Trump associates, former national security adviser Mike Flynn and campaign foreign policy aide George Papadopoulos, pleaded guilty last year to charges brought by special counsel Robert Mueller alleging they had lied to the FBI about their Russia contacts.

Trump’s latest missive came hours after he asserted without evidence that newly released documents relating to the wiretapping of his onetime campaign adviser Carter Page “confirm with little doubt” that intelligence agencies misled the court that approved the warrant.

But lawmakers from both political parties said that the documents don’t show wrongdoing and that they even appear to undermine some previous claims by top Republicans on the basis for obtaining a warrant against Page.

Visible portions of the heavily redacted documents, released Saturday under the Freedom of Information Act, show the FBI telling the court that Page “has been collaborating and conspiring with the Russian government.” The agency also told the court that “the FBI believes Page has been the subject of targeted recruitment by the Russian government.”

The documents were part of officials’ application for a warrant to the secretive foreign intelligence surveillance court, which signed off on surveilling Page.

Trump tweeted Sunday on the documents: “As usual they are ridiculously heavily redacted but confirm with little doubt that the Department of ‘Justice’ and FBI misled the courts. Witch Hunt Rigged, a Scam!”

The release appears to undercut some of the contentions in a memo prepared by House Intelligence Committee Chairman Rep. Devin Nunes earlier this year. Nunes, R-Calif., and other Republicans had said that anti-Trump research in a dossier prepared by former British intelligence agent Christopher Steele and paid for by Democrats was used inappropriately to obtain the warrant on Page.

While the documents confirm that the FBI relied, in part, on information from Steele to obtain the initial warrant, they also show how the FBI informed the court of his likely motivation.

A page-long footnote in the warrant application lays out the FBI’s assessment of Steele’s history and the likely interest of his backer, adding that despite the political concern, the bureau believed at least some of his report to be “credible.”

Democratic Rep. Adam Schiff of California, a ranking member on the House Intelligence Committee, said the documents detail “just why the FBI was so concerned that Carter Page might be acting as an agent of a foreign power.”

“It was a solid application and renewals signed by four different judges appointed by three different Republican presidents,” Schiff said on ABC’s “This Week.”

Republican Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida also broke with Trump, saying he didn’t think the FBI did anything wrong in obtaining warrants against Page.

“I have a different view on this issue than the president and the White House,” Rubio said Sunday on CBS’ “Face the Nation.” ”They did not spy on the campaign from anything and everything that I have seen. You have an individual here who has openly bragged about his ties to Russia and Russians.”

On Sunday, Page said on CNN’s “State of the Union”: “I’ve never been the agent of a foreign power.”

In a 2013 letter, Page had described himself as an “informal adviser’ to the Kremlin but now said “it’s really spin” to call him an adviser.

Page has not been charged with a crime, but he has been interviewed by the FBI and congressional investigators about his ties to Russia. White House officials have argued that Page, announced by the president in early 2016 as a foreign policy adviser, played only a minor role in the Trump campaign.

The documents released Saturday include the FBI’s October 2016 request to surveil Page and several renewal applications. It marks the first time in the more than 40-year history of the highly secretive court that underlying documents for a warrant have been released.
    'A Big Hoax!': After Week Of Walkbacks, Trump Returns To Doubting Russia Meddling

12. I thought I remembered reading that they were turned in just not released. How did maddow come across those tax returns??? Also I'm sure Trump files taxes every year and the government has full knowledge of his dealings. Also I am certain he has been audited multiple times.
    I would be really surprised if the FBI didn't go over his taxes with a fine comb in the vetting process, especially in light of what was going on, and also dealing with a multibillionaire who has multiple international ties.
    I would bet a 1000 dollars right now that there is no there there. (Internet dollars of course lol)

13. Never turned over.
    Maddow was 2005 tax.

:Smoke:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I'll take your word as being true and that you personally looked up the information yourself.
    But still he was audited multiple times and turns in tax to IRS yearly. The same IRS that Obama used to go after conservatives if you remember? So knowing this would you guess there is something there? I highly doubt there is, and if there was I would highly doubt Trump and his team of lawyer would let him run for office if it was going to land him in jail or cost him money?? Seriously take yourself out of politics and use some common sense. Again I could be mistaken but it seems very unlikely to me.

15. DT's excuse "being audited" was no excuse per IRS the latter confirming they could release during an audit... after all if they were filed and just being audited why not?

Fact is he is hiding something not in his favor... we the ppl want to know that that is.

Fair enough in a democracy?

16. Obama did not use the IRS to go after Conservatives, that propaganda didn't fly then and still doesn't.
    Some in the IRS saw the avalanche of tea party (and some progressive) groups seeking non profit status as being shells.
    NPR Choice page
    Now, in the third audit of how the tax-exempt application process went off the rails, the Treasury Department's inspector general overseeing the IRS has found the agency targeted not just conservatives but also scores of groups with words like "progressive" in their names.

The Treasury inspector general for tax administration, or TIGTA, did the report at the request of a bipartisan group of senators.

"The far right has been beating a drum for years now that there was a partisan attack on them," said Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore., one of the requestors. He said the new report shows "that's just not true."

But the TIGTA audit didn't absolve the IRS. Wyden said the overall picture was "equal opportunity mismanagement and equal opportunity bedlam."

• Like Like x 2
  17. some funny stuff to be found today on the WWW, funny unless you think how insane it is...
    -----------
    The chairman of Donald Trump's campaign is going to trial* for "Crimes against the United States"

I am not sure which one of Manafort's trials in which that charge is gonna be brought up.

But the Attorney General laughs and joins in a "lock her up chant" about Hillary Clinton who
    hasn't been found guilty of anything.

18. Ok Obama or not the IRS went after conservative groups right? The IRS did release a statement apologizing for targeting conservative groups, not progressives. So then why are they giving Trump a pass if there is so much dirt? I just cant imagine that if there were something important it would not have leaked long ago... like during the election. Believe me the government has his tax returns ALL OF THEM. Its the majority of congress that owe back taxes. If we go down this road of looking at our elected officials taxes owed and loopholes used even good old bern(me) saunders has some serious explaining to do. If you want to hate there is a guy worth hating... a total failure as a man and a mooch of a person...a walking parasite.

19. That is just one of many Trump deceptions, broken promises, etc.
    Obviously someone (or maybe a few) in the IRS has seen his taxes.
    I believe the penalties for a leak like that would be very severe.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Experts Conclude That Russian Attack Won The Election For Trump

[​IMG]

Outside experts have concluded that the Russian attack on the 2016 election did enough damage to swing 80,000 votes in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania, which put Trump in the White House.

In his latest column for The Washington Post, Max Boot wrote:

While the intelligence agencies are silent on the impact of Russia’s attack, outside experts who have examined the Kremlin campaign — which included stealing and sharing Democratic Party emails, spreading propaganda online and hacking state voter rolls — have concluded that it did affect an extremely close election decided by fewer than 80,000 votes in three states. Clint Watts, a former FBI agent, writes in his recent book, “Messing with the Enemy,” that “Russia absolutely influenced the U.S. presidential election,” especially in Michigan and Wisconsin, where Trump’s winning margin was less than 1 percent in each state.

The numbers are staggering. Russian pro-Trump/anti-Clinton propaganda reached 126 million people on Facebook alone, which is roughly the same number as the number of votes cast for Clinton and Trump. Russian bots reached 1.4 million Twitter users with their disinformation, and 39 states had their voting systems hacked in what experts believed what a Russian effort to get data that they could use to target voters in their attack.

Trump is not a legitimate president
    It is simple math. Trump lost the popular vote but won an election by 80,000 votes in three states. The Russians micro-targeted voters in those states. They only needed a small fraction of voters to fall for their efforts in order to be successful. The numbers were in Putin’s favor. He could fail 90% of the time, and still swing the election for Trump.

The conclusion is that Trump wouldn’t have won without the Russians. Trump owes Putin big, which is why he is constantly kissing the ring of America’s biggest enemy.

Trump isn’t legit. The majority of Americans felt it, believed it, and the numbers show that it is true.
    https://www.politicususa.com/2018/0...ussian-attack-won-the-election-for-trump.html

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1