Is this ripe?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by FlippyCup, Mar 22, 2019.

1. #1 FlippyCup, Mar 22, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    The strain is Super Silver Haze which has a 10 week flowering time.

This is only the start of week 8, but it seems to show signs of being ripe already (based on the research I've done about how to tell when it's ripe). Many heads are amber or otherwise translucent and are now bulging compared to how they were, however: there should still be around 2 weeks left in their flowering stage.

This is only my second attempt at a grow so I know very little about how to accurately tell.

I got the best pictures I could with my 60x magnifier and HDR camera setting, but they still didn't turn out great. Unfortunately these pictures don't show all of what I was seeing. Some of the heads are so amber that they are actually a very 'dark amber', like you'd expect to see when the trichomes are falling off (if that makes sense). Also, I realize there's a couple cat hairs on the leaves; Still trying to work that out. lol

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. You must have great eyes. That's not enough magnification for my old tired eyes.

Any hoo, at what point to harvest really depends on the high you want.
    I don't like the couch lock effect so I harvest with trichs all cloudy and a few amber.

That said, it kind of depends on the strain too. I always grow the same strain because It's easy to grow, tastes great, huge yield and gives me the perfect "day-time- energetic-high" if I harvest as stated above.

Just remember: in the Congo (Africa)
    They have a word for "crazy man"
    If you translate that word to English,
    It means; "man who harvests too early"

Good luck

• Like Like x 1
  3. Natural light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. I say another week or 2. Lots of unrecided pistils. And the trics on the sugar leaves are flugazzies. Looking good tho.

5. Yeah hi sir no, i grew some super lemon? Ill tell u now, haze is extra it may say 10 weeks on whatever pack you got bro but hazes like that go on for longer mine was supposed to only be like 9-11 fuck was it 16 fucking weeks flowering, and buy the look of it 1. You need a better loupe, 2. Can't tell in that led light none of us can but from the pistils everyone is right my fellow grower. And they'll shoot out white pistills till the end but what I used to look for was when the pistils was 50% plus turned THEN I looked for the amber cloudy heads, your only just gunna cut it too early she looks like she's gunna go for 4 weeks more id prob feed her for a week more than start flushing and shit ‍♀️ have a look round these forums there's a few techniques around to force it like light timing and stuff, that's what I did to force her towards the end cuz haze takes the piss

Sent from my SM-G935F using Grasscity Forum mobile app