Is this right ?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Motocole85, Oct 14, 2018.

1. I just finished up 3 plants chopped them, and pulled some of the leaves off that were covering the buds that way there wouldn't be any mold when drying. I left the majority of the leafs on and untrimmed, that way they got a nice even slow dry. My tent is hovering around 48 to 50% humidity with them hanging in there and my fan exhausting on the lowest setting. The temperature stays between 68 and 73 typically as well with no lights.

Do I need to do anything else? With these stats how long roughly will it take before they are ready to be jarred? They look and smell amazing and I really dont want to ruin them.
    20181013_040953.jpg 20181013_041011.jpg 20181013_041015.jpg 20181013_041007.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Looks great brother! Wait until they are so dry that the stalk 'snaps' when you try to bend them. About 3-7 days.

3. At that temp and humidity I’d say they will be ready in no less than 5 days. If u can bump the humidity up a bit u could easily go 7 days which I find about right. But I keep mine around 70%humidity. But I usually hang for 3-4 days then do a dry trim and hang for another 3-4 days. Then I put into jars with a small hydrometer and see what it says after 3-4 hours. If it jumps to the 80’s I’ll pour it all to a Tupperware that does not seal well and leave in that for a few days. Then put into jars again and check.

Eagleyedye

4. Buds are pretty dry but stems still bend. Should I jar them..?

5. No, wait a few more days (Like 2-3) and check again if it breaks then you're good to go ! Better safe than sorry.

PS: The best drying method is to leave the plant hanging around for like 8 to 10 days MAX (You don't need it too dry or too "wet").

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Thing is the buds are fairly dry already... I dont wanna over dry either right ?

Humidity is around 50% temps 70

7. Yes, like i said do not over dry just let them 2-3 days more..patience is the key bro..and trust me it'll worth it.

8. For sure, I dont want to ruin them. It's just that the buds seem dry already but the stems still bend. So it's kind of confusing.