is this real weed

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bob12345, May 5, 2009.

1. I found this plant growing near my house. I was wondering if it's real.

it's lacking some of the aroma of marijuana. but has the similar look.

Attached Files:

2. Could be that it just has a similar leaf pattern to marijuana. Doesn't look like a weed plant at all.

3. i dont think so, but wait and see if buds develop??

(my 2 cents :p)

4. #4 snax4daze, May 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2009
    No. the two varieties for cannabis that comprise weed have serrated leaves, with visible veins, the stem of the plant is thick cellulose laden, the leaves also are always odd numbers....it is safe to say the pictures presented are not of cannabis.

5. i wish some of this would just grow out of it.

Attached Files:

6. Not weed, the leaves dont have those groovy stem marks on them. I was looking around the woods last evening and I found all kinds of plants like this in the woods but I knew they were not weed.

7. maybe you should plant some MJ next to it. you know, compare and contrast...

8. It is definitely NOT MJ. Sorry to bear bad news.

9. well i didn't really think it was but i had high hopes that somehow weed was growing near me so maybe i didn't have to keep on buying it

10. it looks like Japanese maple.

11. I need to get hold of some japaneese maple...cammo/blend:D

12. Yup,just what I thought too.Sorry.

13. Yo, when I lived in a condo in vegas that shit was all over behind the building and I always thought it looked like MJ but it lacked the serration patterns and veiny textures on the leaves. And obviously, it didn't smell remotely like MJ. I later found that it was Japanese Maple.

Could fool alot of people tho, except for smokers:D